Fast-Growing-Trees.com / False Advertising/No Refund

I ordered a 3-4 ft tulip tree from this company for $56. When I got it, it was just shy of 3ft tall. And the trunk was no larger than a #2 pencil. I was shocked at what I had received. I immediately followed their instructions and planted my tree. After 3 weeks of warm weather, the tree was not budding. When I got it, there were no leaves or buds on the tree. So, I called the company and they told me to wait another 4 weeks and call back if there was a problem. After 4 more weeks of warm weather, still nothing. So I called back. They advised me to do a scratch test at the base of the tree. I did that and there was no green at all. The tree was dead.

By this time, I had already gone and replaced the tree myself. They have a NO refund policy. And even their replacement policy requires some rigorus steps that are just unnecessary.

Here is what I wish to tell you. Do not order from this company. You will get the run-around. I made many calls and sent several emails.

I ended up getting this same tree, in full bloom, with lots of leaves and 8 feet tall for $22.49 at my local Lowe's store. I should have never gone to fast-growing-trees.com!

Comments

• Fa
      11th of Aug, 2009

YUP THIS PLACE IS A TOTAL SCAM. I was totally screwed, buy your trees at LOWES!!! Cheap and a one year guarantee. This company has ZERO customer service, hides behind a so called policy (that really doesn't apply because they don't send you what they advertise) and needs to be shut down. I hope someone does something soon!

• Ka
      3rd of Jun, 2016
    Fast-Growing-Trees.com - I learned that some online companies shouldn't be trusted to provide good products or service
    Fast-growing-trees.com
    fast-growing-trees.com

Ordered 5 trees/ shrubs. They weren't as large as described, The purple lilac appeared half dead & looked like it had white mold on most of the leaves. It never grew & leaves were falling off despite fertilizing & watering. Sent photos as required for a replacement, they said they never received them. Took more photos, they said to continue fertilizing for a few more weeks. The plant continued to deteriorate. Called again & again told send photo that they again didn't receive. Sound like the runaround? After spending $300 on mediocre trees that comparable "fast growing" trees could have been purchased from Lowes I learned that some online companies shouldn't be trusted to provide good products or service. Fast-growing-trees.com is one of those companies.