Farmers Insurance / Unauthorized billing

Farmers Insurance
First they inundate you with paper [4 to 5 pieces of mail a week] then they charge you 15$ every time you make a policy change. Now I have a collection letter for a bill that was supposed to be an automatic deduction a year ago even though I dropped them over 6 months ago and I was told at that time that my account was paid up.

A  9th of Feb, 2009 by
Farmers insurances billing practices are a crime. I cancelled all my policies and it took them 3 months, 20 phone calls, and several letters to get them to cancel. they held my house insurance payment and didn't give it back so we could give it to our new insurance agency for three months. We also had a vehicle that we told them we were going to sell and they put it on a 12 month plan without telling or even asking us. When we cancelled they charged us 190.00 for 3 weeks of insurance on one car. The charge should have only been 75.00 but as many of you know every time you talk to them I think they charge you a 20.00 fee. Anybody know how to deal with these people.
N  2nd of Feb, 2010 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
It sounds like the agent and there staff are the ones screwing things up. I would try contacting the nearest district office which your agent can give you they will take care of it all for you. Farmers does send a lot of paper work out but the fees are only charged if you start a new policy (one time new policy fee) or if you let your policy cancel which is now 25.00 bottom line its the law in most states to carry insurance so if you are not responsible enought to pay it then you deserve to pay the fee. The one time new policy has been charged since farmers opened its doors so nothing you can do there.

Farmers Insurance Group Logo Farmers Insurance Group