Famous Footwear / harassed by a racist employee/discrimination

1 Colorado Springs, CO, United States

A friend and I walked into famous footwear in coloradosprings off north nevada obviously to look for a pair of shoes. I thought that's what you do when you go into a shoe store. We weren't there but 5 minutes. My friend went to the men's section and I went to the women's clearance section. You would think that was normal right. By the time I walked down one isle the isle that had my size shoes. I didn't see anything I liked so I walked towards my friend to see if he found anything he liked. Mind you we have only been there for about 5to10 min. While I was walking towards my friend there was two security guards there and this lady complaining about my friend. When he walked to the men's side he instantly seen a pair of nike's he liked and they had his size so he tried them on and he liked them. While he was tying the shoes he put the ones he had on in the box and as soon as he stands up to go pay for the shoes this lady was in his face with two security guards. It is not uncommon for someone to wear their new pair of shoes that they bought out of the store. When I walked up to him he was already paying for the shoes. If she would have done her job instead of discriminating against my friend. If the harassment wasn't enough the highly rude and unprofessional racist behavior from marie violated our constitutional rights. She could have took the time to ask him if there was anything she could help him with. I have never felt so violated against in my life. Why would one of your employees do this to anyone? Was it because we are not white? Did we look too broke for her liking? Or was it because they were nike shoes? How dare you marie! Who are you to judge anyone! This kind of behavior is unacceptable for any human being. You guys are enabling bad behavior for your employees if she gets away with this.

Dm