Famous Footwear / Dirty deal

This is so stupid I bought a pair of shoes (nike high-top vandal high the last pair in the store) without my husband with me to try them on, when they did not fit I brought them back and the right shoe was slightly dirty on the bottom not because of my white carpets in my home but because of this filthy store floors. I bought this shoe dirty it was their store, but their employees both said they can't sell it dirty yet all the display shoes with white bottoms were dirty as well. I had my receipt and had to get store credit because it was visible dirty. I was given their 800 # but it has been busy every time I called.

Ja

Comments

• Df
      23rd of Jan, 2011

This is the letter I received after my shoes completely fell apart after 30 days. Bad company wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy...

Recently, you requested personal assistance from our Customer Service Department. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

Thank you for your inquiry and allowing us to be of service to you today.

Subject
    returns on default product

Discussion Thread
    Response (Mary) 01/22/2011 12:59 PM
    We're sorry for the delay in responding to your email as we are currently experiencing high email volume.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience that occurred with the shoes in question. We appreciate the time you have taken to express your thoughts. Your message regarding our return policy has been forwarded to the appropriate parties.

Unfortunately, we are unable to offer assistance with your purchase as the merchandise became defective/damaged after being worn. We recommend contacting the manufacturer directly for help with this issue. If you need the manufacturer's contact information, please reply with the brand name of the shoes.

If we may be of further assistance, please let us know.

Best regards,
    Mary

Auto-Response 01/16/2011 05:11 PM
    Thank you for your inquiry!

Customer (Debra Fresh) 01/16/2011 05:11 PM
    I went to your location in Tualatin and was informed that your store does not take any products back after 30 days. I have worn a pair of boots I bought in November about a total of 4 times. There are no scuffs nothing but when I went to put them on this morning noticed the seams were completely ripped. It was obviously a factory problem and was informed there was nothing they would do.

I am definately disappointed with your stores policy and lack of back up for your product. I know I can go to other stores and get a replacement product at least for a factory default. I will promise you I will never shop at your store and because I am currently a intern looking for new cloths and a student that knows many other people looking for cloths I will definately make it my mission to let people know your product will last a little over one month and they will also be throwing any money away they spend at your store.

I have found the only options, against faulty companies that are looking to make a fast buck, are to write letters and let all of my friends and family know about crappy business practices.

Sincerly,

One very disappointed consumer that has lost faith in Corp. America.

Debra Fresh

Famous Footwear, Famous Footwear Outlets, Factory Brand Shoes, and Mind Body Sole Customer Service - 8300 Maryland Avenue, St. Louis, MO 63105

• Em
      9th of Mar, 2011

When my mother and I went to the Famous Footwear (13 Mystic View Rode, Everett, MA) there was a young girl that worked there. She was very sweet, and I was looking for some All Stars and she checked the kid's size, the women's size, in the storage, etc. 2 times. Then comes this elder lady and was so rude to her, she said "You can't go back in the storage and look for them. We can't do their shopping for them, that's their job. You say to them there it is and that is it!" The poor girl felt so embarrassed when all she tried to do is help us. The elder women should not speak to a young girl that is new there, she should have more respect. Also, she was rude to me and my mother she said in a snappy voice "Check the back, that's all we have." It was so rude, I hope this is taken care.

Sincerely,
    Eliane, Emanuella, and Reginaldo Santos

15th of Apr, 2012

Their home delivery is absolutely horrible, found some boots in store that were not the color i want but size worked, associate told me they had more colors avail through home delivery which was free, but free is not always better. I would have WAY more preferred to pay a measely shipping charge to avoid all this B.S., waited 7 business days, shoes had not came, tracked it online with the tracking number located on receipt, and said "unable to deliver; wrong address" What? The lady repeated my address twice to me in the store, address on receipt is correct, so i call the 1-800 number, and out of frustration and assuming its my post-mans fault or something, I ask for them to be just sent to the store (My only other option, after all) Anyways, woman on phone from the 1-800 tells me I know you're frustrated for having waited and i explained to her i live in an apartment complex so i had made myself avail to wait for the package at home, she assures me there's a "strong possibility" the shoes will arrive at the store before an additional 7-10 business days. So i wait 8 business days, calling the store everyday, people at store are getting annoyed, and today tracked my package again and it says that my shoes have been shipped and "delivered" (with a green check mark) to Lebec Ca. This is about 300 miles from where I live, and this is not the factory or source where the shoes came from, they came from Los Angeles when they originally left the factory store to be delivered to me. Famous Footwear sucks, The people in-store are completely patronizing (Someone told me "You can call back tomorrow-Saturday-Maybe they came...But don't call Sunday, Mail doesn't come on Sundays") Wow! Thanks! I wasn't aware! Delivery sucks, the people on the phone treat you like you're a ###, I will never order anything from them ever again. You get what you pay for! Free shipping equals somebody in Lebec running around in my shoes i paid for. Oh and the people on the 1-800 number close the phone lines early, i called them to check up on what i read today. Ugh!