Fairpoint Communications email service / Poor email / webmail service

1 3 COrono, ME, United States Review updated:
Phone: 207-866-4376

I used to have Verizon for my phone, DSL, & internet and email service provider. Due to some deal between Fairpoint Communications and the State of Maine, I and everyone else in Maine were forced to be switched over to Fairpoint Communications for all of the above services - whether we wanted it or not.

The transition from Verizon was promised to be seamless, but was anything but. I lost stored email messages during the switch and for about two weeks could not reliably send or receive email. Now I cannot send email messages to anyone with a yahoo.com email address.

Fairpoint Communications email service sucks. I am paying for something that does not work properly.

Ke

Comments

• St
      5th of Mar, 2009

All of Fairpoint stinks! Last April I signed up for the phone, net, and tv bundle of $99/mo plus taxes bringing it up to $108/mo. Never did I see that price! I was charged $140 - $150 a month! I contacted them each and every time I got my bill that was suppose to have the correct bundled price. Needless to say they continued to blame direct tv and I continued to overpay!

Six months later I had enough! I went to phone power and internet phone service that isn't the best but works because it was my only option. Sad thing is I couldn't get another DSL provider in NH! So I stuck with fairpoint on that. They forgot to mention that they need to have a credit card on file and 2 weeks later my DSL was disconnected!

I called them yet again was reconnected but they reconnected me under a 2 year agreement! Totally not something I wanted because I'm still searching for other alternatives so I can be completely done with Fairpoint! Now if I leave, I get slapped with a major fee!

Fairpoint is the worst phone company ever! The customer service reps are useless too as well as the managers!!!

• Ml
      12th of Mar, 2009

FairPoint is THE WORST! I am on hold with their "Customer Service" department right now, giving me plenty of time to find this site and add my own review. I live in Maine and was forced to change by the acquisition of Verizon customers in the area. Yes, we could change to Time Warner, which I may have to do, but as you know, changing providers comes with its own set of challenges.

The FairPoint transition was horrendous and continues to be so. Their "Customer Service" is beyond terrible. Not once have they been able to help me. Today I am waiting to discuss the bill I received, which claims a Past Due balance for a bill never received before, and shows an increase in Internet charges. This for Internet service that is only intermittent, at best!

I wrote a letter to one of their Vice Presidents in New York and have not heard back from him yet. He must have a huge pile of incoming mail like my letter.

Signed,

Very Disgruntled Customer (for now)

• Co
      21st of Mar, 2009

Intermittently receiving email depending who is sending it. Gave college current Fairpoint email address CORRECTLY just yesterday and did not receive email from college. I have had to literally set up a new email account on yahoo so I can receive email from high school and now college.

After calling customer service the other day on the high school not being able to send email to me, all I was told is they can't help me "it's a server to server issue"!!! What?

Yes, we triple checked to make sure the email address is correct. If I could get ride of this company I would, but they have the FIOS which we need...

Disgusted

• Ha
      25th of Mar, 2009

I can't even get a simple billling account set up to pay my bill on line, rather than pay $3.50 to pay it by phone. They have you CALL to set you up (any phone company I ever dealt with (including verizon) just had you set it up yourself on line ), and say you will be set in 48 hours. It's been two weeks and several phone calls (which I am put on hold for 30-45 minutes), and nothing happens. This is not rocket science.