Fairfield Inn and Suites / customer service

1 United States

My wife and I were to attend a family wedding in Melbourne FL on 12/8/2018 and we were instructed to contact Jennifer at the Fairfield Inn at 2400 Town Center Ave Melbourne FL. Being that we are from Bradenton FL (West Coast) we wanted to stay two nights, 12/7/2018 & 12/8/2018. We arrived around 4pm on the 7th and planned on leaving on the 9th. We attended the wedding and went to the reception. While at the reception we received a phone call from the front desk stating that our reservation was only for the one night and that our belongings needed to be removed from the room by 3pm or they would be removed for us by housekkeping. We arrived back at the hotel shortly after 3pm and our belongings were already removed from the room and haphazardly tossed into garbage bags and placed in a back room near the front desk. How demoralizing and disrespectful. I am a well traveled disabled military veteran and have never been treated so terribly. The employees never offered any assistance in the removal of our belongings as we carried garbage bags out the door of the lobby. The sign on your front door states that there is a 100% guarantee and I would like my funds returned to my credit card, as I was far from satisfied from this stay. I did receive a email from the General Manager, Clarena Wise (email attached) because when asked, there was absolutely no manager on duty for the weekend.

Dear Mr. Roffe,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Melbourne Viera Town Center and providing your honest feedback on the Guest Satisfaction Survey.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. No changes were made to your reservation, and it did come across to our system as a one night stay. As we were in a situation where we were sold out, we were unable to extend your stay. It is our policy to attempt to contact the guest prior to removing their items from the room. I do apologize that this incident was not handled satisfactorily and that we were not more accommodating. As a teachable moment, I have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent such service failures from occurring in the future.

I have also applied an additional 5, 000 Marriott Rewards points to your account as a further gesture of our sincere apology for this.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Melbourne.

Sincerely,
Clarena Wise
General Manager
Fairfield Inn & Suites Melbourne/Viera
[email protected]
[protected]

I would like to hear your response to this as well as reimbursing my credit card for my unsatisfactory experience at your facility. As Clarena stated that it was a "teachable moment", it shouldn't be at the customers expense. I hope you will abide by your 100% guarantee as stated on your front door. If you need additional information, feel free to contact me.

Ke