ExxonMobil / overcharged my account

Blanchester, OH, United States Review updated:

I purchased $30.01 of gasoline and I checked my account history for my debit card and I was charged $74.00, this is unacceptable, I had a couple dollars left in my account but if I didn't I would've been charged a overdraft fee, I couldn't even get lunch, I don't see how you can charge that to my account without even having me authorize that, I'm very upset about this and will be taking my business elsewhere.

Comments

• Th
      Aug 28, 2008
    Exxon Mobile - Gas
    112 Exxon Mobile
    Rt 112
    Medford

On two different occasions I have purchased regular gas at this station and both times had to have my fuel injector replaced at the cost of $180 each time!

• Ba
      Dec 25, 2010
    Exxon Mobile - Cheated out of gas and rudeness
    n/a
    808 Tompkins Ave
    South Plainfield
    New Jersey

A few days ago, while at the Exxon Station (1100 Easton Ave, Somerset NJ), I asked the attendant for $20.00 in gas (cash). I went in to the "Tiger Mart" store, and when I returned, I gave him a 20 dollar bill, and left. When I turned my car off at home and looked down (toward the steering wheel), I realized that I only had 1/4 tank of gas (I have a Honda Accord, which only holds 15 gallons of gas. I think he only gave me $10.00 worth of gas). The next day I stopped at the station to speak with the manager, and was told to come back tomorrow. I did, but the manager still wasn't there. I asked for the telephone number, and the next morning, I called the manager to explain what had happened.
    I must say, that I was taken back by his rudeness to me. He stated that his "Men" wouldn't do that, and hung up on me!

• Ih
      Jun 15, 2011

Did you use your debit card to pay at the pump?

If so next time pay inside the store. When you pay at the pump they put a hold on funds in the account. I only know this because most of the gas stations here have notice signs up telling customers about it.

I would be afraid to pay at the pump anyhow. For fear of mix ups and what not. Im sorry you had to deal with this. Its awful when a company steals from you like that.

• Jd
      Jun 17, 2011

look how touchy people are and quick to judge. "i will never go to mobile again" either because of a misunderstanding or a little mistake. He didn't even mention weather the error was fixed or not. i am guessing no one ever gave this guy a second chance in life.

• Up
      Jun 17, 2011

They just credited it back to my account

• Ri
      Apr 28, 2013

I was charged twice and told my card was declined. I had to pay with cash. I got home and found out i was charge two times on my card and cant seem to get ahold of a live body to put my money back.

• Ro
      Feb 23, 2016

I received a check drawn on comerica bank. I went to the bank and they said it was a fraud. I am checking with you to see if it is.

[protected]@yahoo.com