Extremely Reliable / Gives FAKE tracking numbers

1 25547 Canyon Crossing Dr. Richmond, TX, U.S.A. 77406, Richmond, United States Review updated:
Phone: (281) 738-1101

This bookseller gives fake tracking numbers. I ordered a book 10 days ago and the shipping information they provided was from Mumbia, India.

I then called the phone number for the company on Alibris.com and I was told that the tracking information was incorrect!! I have yet to obtain correct tracking information.

Ur
Sep 10, 2014

Comments

• Tu
      Aug 14, 2015

Extremely Reliable is a book jacker -- an entity that owns no inventory -- simply lists other seller's copies as their own at greatly marked-up prices. They are a notorious outfit among legitimate book dealers as they often submit "not received" claims to obtain free books. Their price-gouging hurts buyers who are not familiar with how to find the lowest item cost online and the buyer often gets a library discard instead of the Very Good copy they ordered. Extremely Reliable goes under many different names online -- Ergode, Amitcj, Fast Media and Daily Deals. Steer clear of this shyster.

• Fr
      Nov 24, 2015

I ordered a 6 volume set of books from this dealer almost three months ago and received a single unrelated volume. I contacted the company, scanned the cover and isbn and returned the book in its original packing. The post office confirmed the book was received back a month and a half ago. In spite of several attempts, including contacting ABE through whom I ordered the original item, I keep getting the same BS about verifying the returned item and have not been reimbursed my money. It also operates under the names Ergode and ExtremelyReliable and is really a book jacker that should be avoided (http://www.zubalbooks.com/article-bookjacking.jsp).

• Ra
      Jun 16, 2016

I ordered a 7-volume set from them 6 weeks back. They sent only a single volume from the set. I have been trying for the past month to get them to send the promised RMA for me to return the volume. From the comments here, it appears that it will still be a struggle even if they ever do send the RMA.