Extended Stay Hotel / hotel didn't honor coupon and I was overcharged
I checked into this hotel on May 24, 2009 with a Roomsaver coupon from the May/June issue at $54.99/night. In addition, I was also obliged to pay a 12, 5% TOT tax of $6.88/night. On 6/15 the coupon expired and I submitted a new one from the July/Aug issue for the same price, $54.99.
Because my stay exceeded 30days, on June 24 I was granted a TOT tax refund that amounted to $206. I chose to apply the refund as a credit which covered nearly 4 more days rent at $54.99/day.
On July 3rd, however, the hotel again started charging me $61.87, and I just assummed whatever I paid beyond $54.99 would eventually be refunded. I continued to pay an extra $6.88 for the next 12 days, for a total of $81.56 more than the current roomsaver rate.
Then on 7/15 the manager, Maureen Elias, claimed that my roomsaver coupon expired, and the new roomsaver rate was now $64.99. I had no reason not to believe her so I began paying the $10 increase without question.
Because of special events in the SD area during the week of 7/17-7/25, discount coupons aren't valid, and rent increased to $88.89/day.
Then on 7/26 the rate resumed @ 64.99/day and remained so until 10/15 when I brought in a new coupon from the Oct/Nov Roomsaver bringing it back down again to 54.99.
Thus, I was deliberately overcharged $6.88 from 7/3-7/15 ($88.89), $10/day on 7/16 and 7/17 ($20), and $10/day from 7/26-8/15 ($200) for a total of $301.56.
More Extended Stay Hotel Complaints & Reviews
- Extended StayHotels / HVM L.L.C. - robbed after they gave unauthorized access to our room 
- Extended Stay America - employee treatment 
- Extended Stay Hotel - rat poop in bed/rats 
- Extended Stay America - illegal monitoring of hotel rooms
- Extended Stay Hotels - dorothy is a horrible manager! 
- Extended Stay America - the service desk and condition of the room
- Extended Stay America - dirty room and lobby
- Extended Stay America - hotel located at 877 n. pottstown pike exton, pa 19341
- Extended Stay America - service product unprofessional qualified employees
- Extended Stay America - register sex offender