Extended Stay Hotel / hotel didn't honor coupon and I was overcharged

1 United States

I checked into this hotel on May 24, 2009 with a Roomsaver coupon from the May/June issue at $54.99/night. In addition, I was also obliged to pay a 12, 5% TOT tax of $6.88/night. On 6/15 the coupon expired and I submitted a new one from the July/Aug issue for the same price, $54.99.

Because my stay exceeded 30days, on June 24 I was granted a TOT tax refund that amounted to $206. I chose to apply the refund as a credit which covered nearly 4 more days rent at $54.99/day.

On July 3rd, however, the hotel again started charging me $61.87, and I just assummed whatever I paid beyond $54.99 would eventually be refunded. I continued to pay an extra $6.88 for the next 12 days, for a total of $81.56 more than the current roomsaver rate.

Then on 7/15 the manager, Maureen Elias, claimed that my roomsaver coupon expired, and the new roomsaver rate was now $64.99. I had no reason not to believe her so I began paying the $10 increase without question.

Because of special events in the SD area during the week of 7/17-7/25, discount coupons aren't valid, and rent increased to $88.89/day.

Then on 7/26 the rate resumed @ 64.99/day and remained so until 10/15 when I brought in a new coupon from the Oct/Nov Roomsaver bringing it back down again to 54.99.

Thus, I was deliberately overcharged $6.88 from 7/3-7/15 ($88.89), $10/day on 7/16 and 7/17 ($20), and $10/day from 7/26-8/15 ($200) for a total of $301.56.

Li