Expedia / don't use expedia

1 Lincoln, England, East Midlands, United Kingdom Review updated:

Some 6 weeks ago my Friend was unable to travel to Las Vegas because of a family bereavement the day before we were due to fly. I immediately contacted Expedia via phone and after half an hour when the operator in India realized she would have to take a protracted time to cancel both Flight and Hotel decided she couldn't hear me stating that she would cut me off. I continually stated that I could hear her stating that I knew what she was doing. She still cut me off. The next gentleman was more understanding stating that 'the Lahore call center do that all the time' !!!
The gentleman took over an hour just to cancel the flight though when I arrived at the airport this had not been communicated to them. I then said can I now cancel the hotel. After a big gasp he told me he wasn't able to contact them and gave me the hotel number to do it myself. Being that i live in England and the hotel was in America I waited until I arrived. The hotel were fantastic and did not even charge me for one night of the 6 that were booked despite their website stating that they would.
Various e mails 6 weeks later have not provided me with a simple notification that my friend did not fly or take the accommodation so that he could claim for insurance purposes. They have apparently purged their systems so have no record of any transactions. I'm not sure how that works for tax purposes in the the country they pay their taxes (if any) in but it must be very lucrative for Expedia. The amount they have made from my friends aborted holiday is almost £1, 300 as both the airline (Virgin) and the hotel (Bellagio) have confirmed they have not taken payment. My friend must now contact the hotel and the airline direct. Something after his tragic loss that i'm sure he could do without.
In summing up if you can guarantee 100% that you will not have a problem then use Expedia. If not then you can kiss goodbye to your money. Its your choice

Bo
Jul 17, 2015

Comments

• Ke
      17th of Jul, 2015

I like it when people act like they can read minds over the phone. How do you know whether she can hear you or not? Did you magically transform into her body? Stop ASSuming, you have no idea whether she heard you or not. Basically not only Expedia but every company will give you the same issue. Also why are you fighting for your friend's money back. Her parents should be since she is obviously a child and cannot fight her own battles. Oh I get it you are trying to get your friend's money back, then you will steal it and say they did not give a refund. You crook.