Expedia / trip insurance

1 CA, United States
Phone: 714-756-1234

I purchased trip insurance for my wife 12/23/10 because she has had health problems that typically make it difficult or impossible for to travel. The advertising on the Expedia website for trip made it sound simple and easy. For $27 your trip is covered in case you need to cancel. The up sale is misleading and is intended to add $27 to the average order on the itinerary and make it virtually impossible to redeem. The printable voucher even says sign and redeem like cash. I have spent nearly 2 hours of my evening waiting on hold or being told my flight is non refundable. No where on the up sale page did it readily or easily discose terms of coverage. No where on the printable voucher named Expedia.com Voucher does it disclose terms of coverage. Instead it talks about the voucher being non cancellable or transferable and sign and redeem like cash. This is clearly false and misleading advertising. After reading the fine print the coverage is only good with a physicians note or death certificate which would be accepted by most all airlines without the purchase of trip insurance. I just spoke to a gentleman named Antonio who refused to give me his last name or give me his exact title. All he said is he was out of Las Vegas. Fortuantely for us we can get a physicians letter and ducumantation for our refund. The reason we purchased the insurance was so we did not have to go thru this hassle. I think expedia is intentionally misleading travelers with the upsale of this "trip insurance". I think all those who have purchased trip insurance from Expedia within the last 3 years should be refunded their money because it was sold in a deliberately misleading fashion.