Everest Institute / Complete ripoff

1 GA, United States Review updated:

We got student loans totalling $15, 000 because we were promised help with job placement. My wife completed her class, but has not gotten any job referrals, leads, or any other assistance. We probably are stuck with the student loan bill, but if we can help deter anyone else from wasting their money on these scam artists, it will be worth it. Go to a real accredited school. Thank you and be careful.

Comments

• Fo
      15th of Mar, 2011

Unfortunately it happened to me also. After being unemployed for almost two years, I decided to consider changing career field.
    I went to Everest for my MIBC (medical insurance billing and coding) and was promised help in find employment. But the only help I got from this place was referral for a front desk positions paying around $9.00 to $10.00 p/hour, where even after going to a couple of interviews, I was told to my face that I was either over qualified or did not enough experience.
    I told the career coordinator at Everest that to find a front desk position paying that salary, I did not need to spend $15K for it and did not need any help find one because I could have gone to work in a supermarket!
    ** The teachers at that school are a joke and most do not teach anything. I regret having consider attend Everest Institute, now I am stuck with this huge debt and continue with no job whatsoever!

• Mr
      16th of Nov, 2011

I totally regretted ever attending Everest Institute after now having to struggle looking for a job BY MYSELF! Reality is that in life, you're always going to have looking for a job for yourself and the best job opportunities I've seen so far are looking for experience. Everest Institute or ANY Institute for that matter CANNOT provide the experience you need.
    Experience comes over time and Institutes only offer programs that only last for a couple of months and not just that. They don't offer the REAL hands-on you need !
    You need to get out there in the real world and EXPERIENCE the work. So sad to say but Everest Institute could only MAYBE help you get an OKAY job. Nothing too big. You can't really get a good job without REAL hands-on experience in the real world.
    It's a harsh reality that people should really think about BEFORE signing the papers..

• Mr
      16th of Nov, 2011

Oh and by the way.. My loan is actually 17, 000 dollars :-)
    Also, people looking at the field of dental assisting are better off getting trained in a dental office for $12/hr starting off pay than having to have a 17, 000 loan on your back while you're also waiting a long time to find a job as you're frustrated trying to figure out how you're going to pay that loan off HAVING FOUND NO JOB!!

• Te
      9th of Mar, 2012

I went to everest in pittsburgh pa and they said the day we were done extern we graduated well i havent gotten t my diaploma yet the reason there holding it isbecause they messed up and didnt charge me for my last mode i was in and when i got the check i cashed it and sent them the amount they told me so out of the whole balance i only got i300 back from my school loans what was left of it well apparently they never got my money i sent them so now im screwed out of a diaploma i cant find my reciept for the the money order so now im paying back a 4000 dollar loan they got out for me for nothing i went to school for nothing and now im jobless and prob wont be able to get a job in the field i went to school for all idid was waste my time i dedicated myself to that school i went when i was homeless i went when i got beat up by my babys dad and when i first started everest on feb 14th i didnt learn jack because the teeacher was never there she was always sick they could never find a sub and when they did all they gave u busy work i didnt learn anything until i went into mode B my intro class i didnt learn nothing so i wasted my time i thought i was doing something for me and my kids but here it was a rip off all they want is the money they should have to give me back all the loan money plus all the loans they got cuz they got paid for nothing!!!very upset and disappointed