Altierus Career College / Everest Institute Logo

Altierus Career College / Everest Institute

Having problems with Altierus Career College / Everest Institute?

Altierus Career College / Everest Institute Customer Service Contacts

+1 833 692 4264 (Customer Service)
+1 719 638 6580 (Colorado Springs Campus)
+1 303 457 2757 (Thornton Campus)
+1 904 264 9122 (Orange Park Campus)
+1 678 500 3400 (Atlanta Campus)
+1 248 799 9933 (Southfield Campus)
+1 908 222 9300 (South Plainfield Campus)
+1 702 567 1920 (Henderson Campus)
+1 614 322 3414 (Columbus Campus)
+1 503 892 8100 (Tigard Campus)
+1 817 652 7790 (Arlington Campus)
+1 512 928 1933 (Austin Campus)
+1 817 566 7700 (Ft. Worth Campus)
+1 713 645 7404 (Houston Campus)
+1 210 732 7800 (San Antonio Campus)
+1 757 361 3900 (Chesapeake Campus)
+1 571 408 2100 (Woodbridge Campus)
+1 425 789 7960 (Everett Campus)
+1 253 207 4000 (Tacoma Campus)
111 Washington Ave. S, Suite 1400

Austin Campus
9100 US Hwy 290 East, Building 1, Suite 100, Austin, TX 78724
Fax: +1 512 927 8587

Ft. Worth Campus
La Gran Plaza de Fort Worth, 4200 South Freeway, Suite 1940, Ft. Worth, TX 76115
Fax: +1 817 927 0409

Fax: +1 425 789 7989

Tacoma Campus
2108 Pacific Avenue, Tacoma, WA 98402
Fax: +1 253 207 4031

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Altierus Career College / Everest Institute Customer Service. Initial Altierus Career College / Everest Institute complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Altierus Career College / Everest Institute above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Altierus Career College / Everest Institute. Discuss the issues you have had with Altierus Career College / Everest Institute and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Everest College Instruction

If the students think Everest is awful, just try being an instructor! The department heads at Everest have no respect for the faculty or staff who love to teach and try so hard to make sure students earn a great education. Our hands are tied in most of the standardized, lower-level courses. Ridiculous rules guide our actions on grading and with students, and the pay isn't worth the stress. There is no autonomy and no room for error. We are required to attend virtual meetings every term, only to be told time and time again that there are major changes to how the courses are run or more of our rights are being taken away from us as instructors. We might as well be puppets mouthing a script. Everest is nothing but a paper mill, I've realized, and it has truly become disheartening to teach here. The students AND the faculty are the enemy if they dare get in the way of profits for this greedy College, Inc.

• Mp
      Mproscia Apr 05, 2012

Hello Professor,
      I want to thank you for calling out this out right SCAM of a so called college. I only thought of attending because no waiting list but Everest must not have one since they don't provide any real careers just big debt for students whom do want a career. I had an interview but seeing how much they kept on calling gave me huge doubts I research and found a lot of Unhappy and Unemployed people. That is unfortunate that they run as a paper mill/ loan collectors and unmotivate teachers that do care to teach students like you. Well best of luck hope you can shift away from that fake institution they try calling a college. Word to the Wise STAY AWAY!!

bobok Jun 09, 2012

You will have find a cure for cancer to remove the dark stain from having taught there from your soul.

• Na
      na7 Aug 13, 2012

hello i want to tell everyone my story I saw this page before i started my course but i didnot care i said to my self that i have to try so this is my first month in everest i was excited before i started but now iam sad because i didnot follow my sense, it is suck i wish i never went every week new book and big exam only if you had bad mark in one they tell you you should leave the course they took already the money so they donot care about you i really regret that i am their iam not going tommorrow iam quiting because of my teacher she want me to change the carrer iam studing now.

• Kh
      Khanned Jul 12, 2013

Hello ConcernedEd,
      I applaud you for both your honesty and your integrity! From my experience at Everest College as a student (and an observant one at that), I saw the travesties heaped on the instructors - especially the good ones and it broke my heart. I witnessed first-hand, a top-notch instructor leaving and I mourned the loss of this instructor because he knew his stuff and had a great rapport with his students - and he taught - really taught. I also witnessed an instructor who liked to laze about and socialize with other staff at the expense of her students and yet, she remains at the campus.
      It boggles my mind how the school treats its staff and though I am disillusioned with Everest as a college and their failure to keep their word and the promises made to potential students, I do have fond memories of a select few instructors who were there to teach and who remained professional in the face of all odds stacked against them.
      I'm just so sorry for these select few because I do fear that their association with Everest will taint them if they decide to move on and seek employment elsewhere. Sort of along the lines of "guilty by association."
      As a student at Everest, I could see how the administration and machine that runs Everest forced the hands of the instructors and I just don't understand why Everest would be so [censored]ted as to allow such things to happen because if the instructors could get the support needed to instruct the students on a competent level, then Everest would achieve higher rankings as private colleges go and students and faculty alike would be posting positive messages instead of rampant frustration and angst directed at the school.
      The positive reviews would lead to greater student enrolment and Everest would flourish. However, it appears Everest is bent on the road to self-destruction. Alas, they're taking a lot of students with them and I fear, faculty too.
      My recommendation to you - get out while you can and seek employment where you'll be both appreciated and supported.
      If you opt to remain at Everest, then I hope that you don't burn out, and I hope that you realize (and keep it in mind) that although you are but one person in the giant machine that is Everest, if you remain true to your values and beliefs and teach to the best of your abilities, you will be making a huge and positive impact on the students that you instruct - you might be their only ray of sunshine at the school.
      I don't envy the road that you've chosen - but I admire you for remaining strong in the face of such adversity.

• Ga
      gabrielsmom2 Dec 02, 2014

i am going to everest college i n ottawa it suck i hate it and i wasted my money and time

Everest College - Ontariohorrible

This school seemed to be a good investment in my career. I learned alot from certain teachers and a AS degree in paralegal studies. However, they lie about job placement they throw papers on the wall off of craigslist and other job websites. They only care about your money not you and your education as a whole. I dont mean the teachers i mean the dean and other staff. The teachers try to teach what they can but, they dont teach how they want because they will lose their job. Also, now that i have graduated no one likes the school or the education (the way we are taught) i mean., Anyways i would not recomend anyone to get a degree herre. Please dont waste your time and money. Even University of LAverne say the school is a scam and liars. Some of the best teachers are leaviong because of the situation of how they treat their students and staff.

Everest College jobs

I have went to everest college and graduated with honors back in 2010... i have not yet gotten a call back from any employer... im stuck with bills and loans... but they dont care... i am also a mother and this doesnt help my situation... scam is all i can say can anyone help me with some information on how to go about this legally...

• Wi
          wifi8827 Jan 24, 2012

when you choose to go to those "for profit" colleges you see commercials for 50 times/hour in daytime TV, you get what you pay for.

They are a business, not much more.

• Lo
          Lolo williams Feb 09, 2012

As a former student @ Everest, I was ripped off also! Here in Colorado I wrote Higher Ed as to my complaint and they could care less! I am a fighter for my rights. Like the many mis-lead and ripped off for your education dollars by Everest all I hear is former students crying, and no action. We are all divided and conquered for now. Let us find a way to get our money and pride back. I went the whole two years only to realize students before me in (surgical tech field)@ Everest not only didnt have a clue as a surgical tech, your money and future is gone. We here in Colorado hired an attorney to no avail. Our case was given to another attorney that is scratching his ### as to what to do! My window to get some "justice is closing fast. I dont know what 2 do. I am looking for an attorney with balls and have reached out to states that gave justice to students like us, ie, California, and Utah. If I can find the attornies that handle those cases ours are the same! If you read this my e-mail is [email protected] .com Lets get moving and stick it to Corinthians like they did us!

• Sp
          Speakoutofexperience Aug 02, 2012

@tootieddownwitheverestloans: Take some English classes before your next interview, "i have went" ??? You don't expect employers to hire you after flustering them with such English, c'est pas possible ma belle! Help yourself first by improving that English.

Everest College Need to step up!

I like the staff and the instructor but the student is what bring this college down. I hate it everytime I step into the class some student smell like marijuana and they are Criminal Justice student. It seem the students here just want the instructors the give them their grades. Most student in class are on their phone looking at youtube videos and facebook. I hate the be negative but the student here have that hood mentality. I understand you from the hood of Dallas, TX but you don't have to bring it to school. The women here have a nice set but it taken my these men to have sex. Most student will not get the job because some have felons and all type of tattoos on their body and including eyes (not joking). Sometime I think the instructors give up once they see some students Iike that then they start treating other student different like we all from the same place. But not everyone is from the Dallas, TX it would be nice the see more other races there than black. I'm not trying to be ractist because I black too. See other races is nice because it bring a different culture and instead just one. The medical are nice and they are goal minded and what the graduate. But the Criminal Justice I don't see that.

• Gravitytheseducer Apr 21, 2012

Your grammer is terrible. You belong at Everest, as there is no way you would get accepted at a REAL school.

• Si
            Silk bird Jul 05, 2012

Wow! If I were you I would not complain about other students. There is a reason most people go to that school 9 out of 10 times there is no way many of YOU would ever be accepted to a real university. If you want to complain about the other students then switch schools. It is obvious that everst down in Dallas Texas is not teaching you much beacuse your grammar is terrible. At least at a community college you can get basic writing classes or if english is your second launguage there are classes for that. I wish you luck but even after graduation from that institute I doubt you will find a job. Think about it, they have commercials for master degree programs and it only takes 2.5 years! Sounds like a crock to me.

Everest College - SpringfieldWaste of time

I got enrolled into Everest in july of 2011 and i was going there for my associates in Paralegal. I thought everything was going really well after having to go from day classes, to night, back to day, then had to switch to online classes. I was always on time to class when i was on campus. well i had to switch to online because i was trying to get a job and needed to leave my flexability open. Once i finally got a job which was at walmart, everything changed with school. I did my best to make sure my assighnments were done untill walmart really started having me work a lot of hours which made it to where i had no time to even do my school work. (i was hired on for the holidays so i was pretty busy working crazy hours) Well my chair manager called me and was wanting to know what was going on cause i hadnt posted in awhile (week in a half) i told her what was going on and these were her words "you need to concentrate more on your school work cause thats more important than anything else right now" i flat out told her no keeping my job and makeing sure i stay off the streets is more important. thats when i realized that Everest College was not a good school to go to and that all they are there for is for the money. they dont care about the students. I wouldnt recomend this school to anyone. Im now stuck with 2 terms that i need to pay back soon and all i got to say is they are very over priced. they say they are a hands on school but the only hands on that was at this one was the medical area. the teacher for computer applications was a joke because he didnt even know a thing about computers. the students were the ones teaching him.

Everest College Documents

Hi to all my friend, i read your reviews and i am shocked to see that how is EVEREST COLLEGE. My friend i am a international student over here and i want to take admission in this college but if some know about that if i complete my diploma from this college they give me WORK PERMIT i mean government has approved if i apply for work permit behalf of this college??? if some one have knowledge tell me because most of the people said that GORVEMENT FUNDED college has the value not PRIVATE for Work Permit????

• Mp
                Mproscia Apr 05, 2012

Don't go they will not credit you No work permit only loans and lazy students attend there. Try city colleges or cal- states schools better chance for jobs and actual possibilities to be hired. Good luck Patience will lead to career not big debt like theses scams.

Everest College — Terrible school

I just finished my "education" at Everest at the Thornton, Colorado campus. Where do I start...My first mod...

Everest College — Live Chat

The live person was not responsive and help me with any questions except constantly ask for all my personal...

Everest College Stay away

Hi my name isn't really Stuart but that's not why I'm really here. I contacted Everest re: their Admistrative Assistant program. The recruiter I spoke to was really nice and enthusiastic. This program included everything I wanted to learn, including Microsoft office programs. The price? 14k! $14, 000!! She was very convincing in telling me how much cheaper that is in comparison to spending tons of money at a University. I was excited and took a little time to think about it. But then I read some reviews on Everest and found that the reviews are mostly negative. (Please google) I did more research...

Everest is not an accredited school. (Check US Dept of Education or Google for info on the importance of accrediation)

Secondly, I found the same program at a local, accredited Community College. They offer an administraive assistant certificate. A certificate allows a student to take only classes that pertain to the degree. It's a faster process, and really for someone who is looking to get into a career quickly.. This program offres the same classes as Everest's program, incl businss courses, accounting, and all of Microsoft Offices. Their price? $26.00 per unit. The cert is 35 units total, for a grand price of $910. And of course, there are fees such as health, for which I paid $24, parking passes, and books. But even with the price of books I will be paying nowhere near $14, 000.

My advise...Everest is a school for those looking to take career-oriented classes, and get through them in a shorter time frame. Most community colleges offer this option as well via certificats or AA degrees, so it would be a good idea to start there first.

I'm on a mission to bring Everest down lol. Everest is run by a corporate machine out to make money, masked by over enthusiastic admission reps and convincing commericals. I do not support them. I was even going to apply for a job with them until I found more info. I would never want to be apart of an organization like that.

For those complaining about Everest's promises to find a job...I've been applying and searching for a new job for awhile. It's going to be tough, and no school has magical job placement powers. The job market is very competitive right now, and you'll more than likely have to go at it alone. If anything, you should be more corcerned about the fact that the Everest "powers that be" care more about making thier pockets fat than giving students a quality education. That's not to say that some of the classes are not of quality, but if some of the programs they offer can be done for cheaper at an accredited school I think someone that cared about me would tell me that.

sad_in_anaheim Mar 28, 2012

I go to Everest College in Anaheim, California. I feel deceived. The admissions rep was over enthusiastic and I should have known it was all an act. The faculty sure are nice to you when you are a new student, then after 2 months they treat you like crap. Everest accepts anyone. They really should do IQ tests and see if the students have basic common sense before enrolling them. A lot of my fellow classmates act like they're 6 years old, bring their drama to school, many never come to school or are always an hour late and not in dress code. If they get hired, how does that make the rest of us responsible Everest graduates look to prospective employers? These idiots are ruining MY chances of getting hired. Everest is getting a bad rap because the students that are bad students end up being bad employees. That isn't fair to someone like me who is never absent, always on time and in dress code carrying a 4.0 GPA and always on the President's List. Everest really needs to be selective to who they enroll.

• Ne
                  Never_give_up Apr 14, 2012

Everest is a complete waste of time and money. They are not a real college. Most of the time I was there, we had to deal with problems. I moved here from an area where these types of schools didn't exist. I was completely unaware of what a for profit school was at the time of enrollment. I graduated with honors and it didn't matter at all. I still don't work in the field that I went to school for and if I could get a job in the field, it would pay close to minimum wage. I would never have paid over $17K for an education that allows me to work in a field that pays on average, $10 per hour or less. Not only that, we didn't learn the necessary skills that I was initially told we were going to learn. These are just a few of the problems I had there. I also went to the Anaheim campus. Make your voice heard and write letters to your senators.

bobok Jun 09, 2012

This is quite possibly one of the most depressing things I've read on the Internet. OP is clearly uneducated and was taken for a ride by this disgusting school.

Bobbie Beckford Sep 09, 2014

IM ENROLLED AT EVEREST COLLEGE IN SKOKIE IL AND IAM EXPERIENCING THE SAME PROBLEMS AND SHARING THE SAME STORY AS MANY OF YOU ON THIS COMPLAINT SITE, ADMINISTRATION AND THIER RULES AND POLICIES ARE A COMPLETE JOKE. THEY HAVE BIG TIME DOUBLE STANDARDS, THEY DONT LED BY EXAMPLE ABOUT ANY OF THIER POLICIES, OR, CODE OF CONDUCT ESPECAILLY THIER PROFESSIONALISM, THEY OPERATE ON DOUBLE STANDARDS, LIES, DECEIT, AND FRAUD .I HVE NOT HAD A GOOD EXPERIENCE WITH THIS SCHOOL SINCE I ENROLLED ONE NEGATIVE SITUATION AFTER ANOTHER WITH . INSTRUCTORS FALSIFY INFORMATION ATTENDANCE, TEST SCORES, STUDENTS CHEATING, YOU CAN COME TO CLASS FOR 3O MINUTES EVRYDAY AND GET PERFECT ATTENDANCE, NOT IN UNIFORM, TARDY AND LEAVE EARLY ON A DAILY BASES AND STILL PASSS THE CLASS. IN MY OPINION TOO MANY STUDENTS ARE TELLING THE SAME STORY ABOUT EVEREST COLLEGE SO THREFORE I THINK THE SHOULD BE MADE TO CLOSE THIER DOORS EVERYWHERE AND STUDENTS SHOULD NOT HAVE TO PAY BACK THESE LOANS ITS DISGUSTING TO KNOW THAT THIER SCHOOLS ARE SO POORLY OPERATED. ITS NOT JUST A CIONCEDENCE THAT SO MANY STUDENTS FEEL THE SAME WAY, ITS SOME TRUTH TO ALL THESE STORIES!!!

Everest Institute-Norcross,GAFinanical Aid

Hello, I was previously enrolled in Everest Insitute in Norcross, GA and while emrolled I experienced great helped. It was after I withdrew from the Institute to call in reference finding put more about my finanical aid amounts, they seemed as though they didn't really wanna talk about my siuation. The two representatives continued to get smart and talk over me as well as using their language. I felt as though thtey were treating me like a child using all of these foreign words pertaining to how they talk to each opther instead of trying to break everything down so that I understood. It really turned my day bad and now I am glad that I am no longer enrolled and that I am pursuing an education elsewhere. I'm trying to find the corporate number to call and complain about the poor service I received. Then when I was enorlled I had some funds that were added to my amount and was not able to be told where the funds came from. I knew something was up at that moment.

• Ne
                    netpatrol Oct 13, 2011

I don't quite get the part where you said "some funds were added to my account"???? They were giving you money for free?

Everest College Complaint

I don't recommend Everest to anyone. Although this institute school was created to give lazy people shortcut to a very easy setup degree, the old school learning method from community colleges and universities always win over Everest institute on competitive jobs. Interviewers always look for higher education candidates and Everest Institute is not one of them unless you're located in the low-end area with no competition and aren't going anywhere. That isn't something to be proud of. The confidence students need are the hard work that students really earned in community colleges and universities that have achieved real education recognition. As much as Institute Everest so-called "college" try to market all their talks about how good they are faking and lying to the community and students, people just don't buy it! When people hear Everest school, people will say, "What's that?!"

Everest College Scam School

This school is HORRIBLE! It's great while you're going there. Somehow the employees are able to brainwash the students into thinking its awesome and they will help you out but they don't. They are there for you while you are in school but as soon as you finish your extern they forget about you! They promise career assistance for life and that is untrue, I have been graduated for a year and no one will return any of my phone calls! I leave countless messages and get no returns. If I miss a payment though they call me 100 times a day but can't call when I need them. It makes me sick. I am forking out 14, 000 dollars to a school who helped me none! And employers actually look down upon people who go to Everest or Pima. Ugh. Makes me wanna hurl. Don't go there! Save the 14, 000 and get yourself an associates degree somewhere else! This school is not worth it! And does not deserve anyones business!

• Br
                        brad douglas Sep 01, 2013

Everest College Mississauga: OSAP should blacklist Everest College

Please go to the link below and sign a petition against Everest College

Everest College Tv CommercialsInsulting, Rude, Loud unprofessional ADS

I think that the so called Everest College - is a BIG SCAM!! ANYONE that would actually enroll in that school no offense deserves what they get. NO REAL Professional accredited College would advertise like that!!
                      Think about it -ever see Harvard University advertise??? Especially with low-class minorities Screaming at you in the commercial.
                      Then the Damn things are on over and over on every commercial break 2-3 of them in a row!! Its INSULTING and Disgraceful and the so called school should be embarrassed!!! I am shocked that ANYONE anywhere would even think about enrolling there much less actually enrolling !!!
                      I am also appalled that they are allowed to CLEARLY market to ONLY Minorities... Imagine the wrath we would get and the riots and the cries of discrimination...if a College CLEARLY targeted only WHITE STUDENTS!!!
                      How Everest gets away with it --I will never know..
                      BUT I intend to find out who actually Owns the school - or if there are board members...and I am not going to shut up until they remove the insulting black guy screaming at you with the most STUPID stupid statement.."Your on the phone all day anyway..." WHAT???????are you serious????what does that have to do with anything????Who the heck is he to make such an obnoxious assumption????
                      Blows my mind that ANYONE after seeing these Commercials would give them a second glance.
                      My point in writing this is - I hope that someone even thinking about that so called school, , , would run for their lives away from it!!!

• Er
                          Erika Washington Nov 12, 2012

I totally agree 100%!!! This recent one with that big, fat ugly black girl is even worse, I've been watching Antenna TV station because they show all of those old classic TV shows and I can't even watch them in peace without her fat ugly face popping up on my screen with her big, nasty looking lips smacking when she talks and her ghetto attitude. I can't even pick up my remote fast enough to even turn her off, that commercial is very annoying, offensive, obnoxious, insulting and degrading to the black race and needs to be taken off before someone ends up destroying their TV by throwing a brick at it!!!

• Ih
                          ihateeverest Apr 17, 2014

i hate that commercial so much. i mean i am disabled and cannot work right now and that guy makes it seem like i am lazy or something. I do the best i can and am doing quite well actually. I don't need some ghetto dude talking smack to my face telling me what to do, I am not on the phone all day and even if i was what business is that of theirs? Who writes these thing's? Who approves them? They are insulting and rude and repetitive which makes me feel insane. Every day all day long non stop. Who in their right mind would go thee with an out going ad like this? I hate that guy. He needs to shut the F up!

Everest College unprofessional

When I registered for classes at Everest I was new to Ontario.I was unaware of many things this province had to offer. I sadly regret being apart of that school. 2 teachers stick out in my mind; my evening teachers were amazing, they did whatever they could to ensure that we understood, they worked a job in the day and came to class at night. If you had any issue you could stay after class and they would talk to you even if it was 9-10 a clock at night.I will never forget these two ladies. They were professionals, they had respect for themselves and the students. Everest does not deserve them! Everything else about this school was a nightmare! I am now in my placement and the placement cordinator did not contact me once to follow up, she responds only to texts if you have an issue and need to talk, she never calls back, you might get a text..I am not done my placement and worry if they will treat me even more horribly if they figure out who wrote this complaint, so with that being said I can not explain the unethical, unprofessional, and totally horrible situations that Organization has put me threw at this time . lets just say I will be back...anyone see who won Teacher of the month, what a joke!

• Da
                            Dauwn Sep 07, 2011

This school should be shut down, for being unethical. This is by far the most unprofessional College I have ever been in contact with. Sorry to hear that the school puts that kind of fear in the students that they feel scared to mention their issues, in fear of being treated bad. Good Job EVEREST!

• Ca
                            Carl34 Sep 07, 2011

Did you even read that previous post? The leg work was not an issue. The unprofessional and very unethical issues that take place in that School should be addressed! I have seen with my own eyes someone who is very much at the top of that school, pretend to be mentally challanged, and think it was funny. At lunch Igot to see a class mate almost in tears due to the fact that his daughter was mentally challanged. I could, although I wont at this time bring up many issues that were insulting and out right ignorant to fellow students of myself...It does not matter what anyone really beleives about this school. we are all entitled to our opinion, but I can assure you that no one that I know will ever get envolved with that aweful place.
                            As for receiving a job due to the fact that Everest helped.. yah and I got a peice of land in Flordia you can have..

Everest College - Los AngelesHiring process for the company

This company has the most misleading hiring process if you plan to apply for any position they have, especially for management levels. They conduct multiple interview process, inform you that they are interested in you, introduce you to staff and only to discover that the multiple people you interview you with do not really count when it comes to final decision. Their Regional Director is the final word on who is accepted or denied for the position, even though you may go through the top management levels including VP and Pres.
                          I advise anyone who apply for their companies to provide you in details the process for their recruitement and selection process. They have no set protocols on the amount of time expended on interviews, campus tour, and layers of management team you will interview with. One person will say they are interested in you. Another say you're what they're looking for, then the final decision maker can negate what others say.
                          I advise anyone not to apply for the school also because they don't promote diversity within the school. Almost all management teams are Caucasians and cannot identify with the underserved populations they recruit. If you are Latino, Asian or African-American, they lack the sociocultural perspectives and awareness of the backgrounds of these groups.They also don't promote helping the communities by informing them that education is the key to success, mobility, and accessiblity to diverse, competitive global market. All they are concerned is the money they generate, the revenue they bring in to the company. Definitely a for profit company that has no ties to workforce diversity and truly helping those get a career. I head everyone not to apply for Everest College. I assure you - you will not thrive!

Everest University — financial

My name is Lisa Lee and I was attending Everest University thinking that I would graduate and get my degree...

Everest Institutebad school??

I am supposed to b starting school at Everest college on the 26 of this month...after hearing they were under investigation for misleading their students about job placement nd a bunch of other stuff I am trynna get out of it as quick as I can also after reading the reviews I am terrified about going there orientation is today and the advisor keeps calling me to come in..they will do anything and say anything to get you to stay DON'T FALL FOR IT...I thought j had bonded and made a connection with my advisor I told him my story nd he seemed so in tune with helping me so that I could raise my 3 and 1 year old the best I could guess it was all crap..somebody help me get out of this

MrsGoodgirl85 Nov 16, 2011

If you haven't signed anything, then chances are you don't have to attend. Just because they invite you to orientation DOES NOT mean you have reached ANY agreement with them unless of course you signed any papers. Make sure you know what you're doing and what you've signed!!

Everest univharassment

after consulting with my son i desided not to go with Everest University...after that i have been receiving 9-11 calls per day all times of the day so i left a message for them to stop calling me. they have been ignoring the message...on 08-20-2011: they called at: 10:12am, 11:35am.12:50pm, 2:28pm, 4:18pm, and 6:12pm...on 08-19-2011 they called me...at 9:56am, 11:19am, 12:40pm, 1:42pm, 3:15pm, 4:43pm, 5:21pm and 6:12pm...on 08-18-2011they called me 9:20am, 10:15am, 12:23pm, 4:20pm, 4:49pm, 5:55pm, and 7:40pm...Now i erased the others before i think to call and complained since i just didnt know what to do...felling so stressed out from all these calls from them i wasent ansering my phone and missed a lot of my families calls...then i relized to look and when its them i would push green button and the off right after...and way these people are acting un-proffessionally and as bullys..please address this problem for me so i can again feel comfortable in my own home again...thanks very much...DELEASE BROWN..

Everest InstituteTaking advantages of people that are unemployed and need educational assistance and training

Everest is a true ripoff. They convince students to obtain outragous loans only for their benefit. Once the loan money is received the students are not a priority. They have an extremely high turnover of teachers. Why should a student have four different teachers within 6 months. They even allowed the director to teach as a standend between teachers. Now my husband is 4 weeks from graduation and the school is complaining about how much money it takes for the students to take the certification test for heating and air. My husband had two test dates. The first date the proctor/teacher was a no show. The next date my husband was told the failure rate is too high and the test is to much to give to students to fail. I feel if the students are failing it is because they are not prepared probably due to the school not being organized or having efficient or effective staff for the students. Why should the students be bound to the debt if the school is not holding up their responsibilities. The school is just going through the motions per session to receive loans on behalf of students. That's why they are cheerleaders when you come through the door and slugs once you sign your money over to them.

• Ms
                                    MS. MCCONNELL Aug 04, 2011

EVEREST INSTITUTE IN CHELSEA MASS. IS A COMPLETE FRAUD...
                                    IT LIES TO STUDENTS ABOUT FINDING THEM WORK. DO NOT ATTEND THIS SCHOOL WHICH CHANGED ITS NAME FROM "BRYMAN" TO EVEREST TO COVER UP ITS FRAUDULENT PRACTICES OF LYING TO PEOPLE AND GETTING THEM TO JOIN THEIR SCHOOL TO KEEP GETTING FEDERALLY FUNDED...
                                    HOSPITALS DO NOT HIRE STUDENTS FROM EVEREST. THERE REPUTATION IS "DISGRACEFUL"...MEDICAL FACILITIES "RUN" FROM YOU WITH THE NAME EVEREST ON YOUR BACK...
                                    THIS SCHOOL DOES NOT GIVE YOU A DIPLOMA UNLESS YOU ARE COMPLETELY PAID TO DATE WITH THE SCHOOL PORTION OF YOUR DEBT. THEY TELL YOU WHEN ENTERING YOU DONT OWE ANYTHING TILL AFTER 6 MONTHS OF GRADUATING...THAT IS A LIE!!! THEY WANT THE SCHOOL OWED DEBT...
                                    (DUE MONTHLY)...ON YOUR FIRST MONTH OF CLASSES WHICH IS ABOUT $4, 000 TO $ 5, 000 DOLLARS DEPENDING ON YOUR TRADE . IF YOU DONT PAY THIS PORTION OF THE DEBT (MONTHLY) OR BE PAID UP TO DATE WITH THIS DEBT, YOU WILL NOT RECIEVE A DIPLOMA...
                                    YOU MUST ALSO SIGN EVERY THING IN YOUR FILE OR THEY WILL REFUSE TO RELEASE YOUR DIPLOMA...
                                    THIS SCHOOL IS A SCAM AND A DISGRACE TO THE USA EDUCATION SYSTEMS...
                                    THE DEPT. OF EDUCATION AND OUR FEDERAL GOVERMENT ARE DOING NOTHING TO STOP THIS FRAUD AND SYSTEMATICAL LURING OF STUDENTS. THIS SCHOOL DOES NOT INFORM ITS STUDENTS THAT IT IS NOT RECOGNIZED BY OTHER POST-SECONDARY INSTITUTIONS. IN OTHER WORDS YOUR TIME AT EVEREST MEANS "NOTHING" AND IS WORTH "NOTHING AT OTHER EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS!!!
                                    ONCE YOU SIGN THAT CONTRACT, THEY OWN YOU!!!
                                    AND YOU NOW OWE THEM 20 GRAND OR MORE. IT WILL TAKE THE NEXT 10 TO 15 YEARS OF YOUR LIFE TO PAY THIS DEBT OFF...RUN LIKE HELL FROM THESE CORINTHIAN COLLEGES!!!...I HOPE YOU ALL READ THIS BEFORE ITS TO LATE!!!

MrsGoodgirl85 Nov 16, 2011

I couldn't say it any better. This school is such a rip off!! I expected to find a job as soon as I graduated but in reality it's really not going to change your chances of getting a job. It actually is a waste of money. I would recommend anyone who wants to become anything in the medical field to go to community college and then transfer to a REAL accredited college or university to go and finish a BACHELOR'S DEGREE. A REAL education is where it's at. Don't go to these schools where they make you take out random loans out of nowhere. Especially if you plan to take more school after this. It will be hard to go back to school AND pay the loan. These people harass you to pay loans. Not the school but the place where you have to pay the loan. They'll keep sending you annoying mail and all. Please. Don't go to Everest Institute or any Corinthian College for that matter! They will try to get you to apply as soon as possible and will use a very friendly and convincing approach to try and lure you in. Don't do it! I did and now live in regret.

MrsGoodgirl85 Nov 16, 2011

Oh and hands-on means "hands-on." Being in a classroom all day working only on each other shouldn't be considered hands-on because everyone in class will be real nice to each other but in the real world you really have to know how to deal with different people NOT IN A CLASS ROOM SETTING...
                                    ...

Everest College — Rip Off

OMG! This place is a RIP OFF! What a bunch of liars! I just graduated and my first interviewer told me that...