Europcar / booked van unavailable
I booked a van over the phone. I called a few days in advance for a qoute and to check avaialbility, and was told only a few hours notice was required. I called again on the day I needed the van, booked it for collection at East Midlands Airport and got a booking number. When I arrived at the station the lady took my details and said they don't have vans at airports! She told me I could cancel my booking and then either leave without a car or rent a different one. The only one they had available and allowed for under-25 drivers was a Seat Altea. We were moving house and had no choice, so I took the car but it was smaller and so much more difficult to pack! We didn't manage to move all our belongings before the deadline, and we had to make more trips anyway, so we wasted a lot of time as well as money. I have to say the lady at the airport office has been great and very helpful, but the booking centre clearly messed it up!
What should I do now? Any advice? Thanks
More Europcar Complaints & Reviews
- Europcar - fraud and cheating! 
- Europcar - europcar "serenity pack" scam 
- Europcar - worthless insurance cdw
- Europcar Spain - overcharging - swindle! 
- Europcar - damage surcharge 
- Europcar International - Poor mode of operation and damge claim
- Europcar International - rental car
- Europcar International - no car available, is bad customer service 
- Europcar International - lisbon portugal car rental.
- Europcar International - car return in florence airport, italy