Europcar International / double billed for car rental
I prepaid for an auto rental through rentalcars and from Europcar in Feb of 2017, for our 2 week trip in Sept 2017. Was supposed to have a Alpha Romeo, or equivalent class car, and was offered instead a Volkswagon Golf, when I complained they pointed to another car, “the only other car”, then kept my original payment, and re-rented another car. I paid $520 in February and another $540 upon my return in October, both Rentalcar and Europcar point to each other, but all I know is, I’ve paid twice. I did add navigation, and did not fill the tank and perfectly willing to pay that extra cost. Checking Europcar rentals in Italy for a 2 week period, I could have rented a Mercedes E5 for just a little more. So why wouldn’t I if that is what I thought I was going to pay. They have you over a barrel, what are you supposed to do when you arrive, and your plans call for the use of a car.
More Europcar International Complaints & Reviews
- Europcar - fraud and cheating! 
- Europcar - europcar "serenity pack" scam 
- Europcar - worthless insurance cdw
- Europcar Spain - overcharging - swindle! 
- Europcar - damage surcharge 
- Europcar - charged vat on a rental advertised as being 'vat included'
- Europcar Italy, Trento - unauthorized credit card charges, unethical behaviour
- Europcar International - refund
- Europcar - damages not caused by me
- Europcar - over charging.