Europcar Hire / extorsionate charges

1 France Review updated:

My advise is "never use europcar hire"!!
I prebooked a car several months in advance at a cost of 302 euro's including damage waiver.
When I arrived at eurocar's desk at marsielle airport I was told I should pay for excess insurance which I agreed assuming it would be a fraction of the cost. However, at the end of my holiday my card was debited with 536.36 euro's, what a con!!

The service at marseille airport was terrible, even though I was first in the door staff ignored me, I was made to wait for 15 mins by which time 4 english people where behind me, then a french woman entered and 2 staff members served her immediately making us english wait.
The car I pre-booked was not available but I was not offered an upgrade.
Also, I forgot to remove my satellite navigation windscreen mount and phoned marseille when I got home, I was told they would find it and call me back but after 4 attempts, no-one ever phoned me back.
I have emailed europcar customer service several times with no responce and hung on to an unanswered phone for hours,
Again I stress, do not use this company, they are in my opinion a bunch of crooks with no hint of customer service!!

Comments

• Je
      19th of Sep, 2008

A friend of mine had the same kind of experience. He's Chinese so I'm trying to help him..have you found any formal avenue of complaint such as a government tourist bureau or similar who might take up the cause against this company?

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Jenny Mann (Australia)