Europcar Hire / extorsionate charges
My advise is "never use europcar hire"!!
I prebooked a car several months in advance at a cost of 302 euro's including damage waiver.
When I arrived at eurocar's desk at marsielle airport I was told I should pay for excess insurance which I agreed assuming it would be a fraction of the cost. However, at the end of my holiday my card was debited with 536.36 euro's, what a con!!
The service at marseille airport was terrible, even though I was first in the door staff ignored me, I was made to wait for 15 mins by which time 4 english people where behind me, then a french woman entered and 2 staff members served her immediately making us english wait.
The car I pre-booked was not available but I was not offered an upgrade.
Also, I forgot to remove my satellite navigation windscreen mount and phoned marseille when I got home, I was told they would find it and call me back but after 4 attempts, no-one ever phoned me back.
I have emailed europcar customer service several times with no responce and hung on to an unanswered phone for hours,
Again I stress, do not use this company, they are in my opinion a bunch of crooks with no hint of customer service!!
More Europcar Hire Complaints & Reviews
- Europcar - fraud and cheating! 
- Europcar - europcar "serenity pack" scam 
- Europcar - worthless insurance cdw
- Europcar Spain - overcharging - swindle! 
- Europcar - damage surcharge 
- Europcar International - customer service and car defect
- Europcar International - car hire in france (nice)
- Europcar International - car rental and not providing proof of previous rental
- Europcar International - fraudulent 200 euro charge for "damage" ra 6033516087 
- Europcar International - damage charges with no description