[Resolved] Etihad Airways

Posted: Apr 21, 2017 by

service

Dear Madam/ Sir,

Would like to feedback regarding my latest travel with your company.
First of all, when one books a ticket under your company's endorsement, a certain level of curstomer service is expected throughout.
On Thursday 13th of April, I was embarking in the flight meant to leave London at 9.45 am.
The ticket attendant could not have been more pleasant and helpful!
However, things started to go downhill from that point. As I arrived in Abu Dhabi, I realised I have left my apple earphones on board and tried to get help to retrieve them. I was sent to the Travel/Transfer Service where they advised me to write an email. No attempt was made to help or call anyone that's doing the cleaning - despite only half an hour passing since we all disembarked .
In Abu Dhabi, I have also asked to buy an upgrade but I was abruptly told "No".
They could not have been less interested.
Furthermore my vegetarian options weren't passed on to my flight from Kuala Lumpur to Bali nor on return.
I travelled without a meal from Bali (Friday 21st of April - 19.20 flight) with Malaysian Airlines as they weren't prepared for serving vegetarians, again (quite a few of us on the plane)!
Also, the Check in desk representative was uninterested in helping changing my seats . They told me since Etihad is a different company, I should sort it out with you.
At Kuala Lumpur I have waited over an hour and a half, until way past midnight to get to speak to an Etihad representative. All this time the Emirates staff were incredibly efficient and punctual.
When I finally spoke to the Etihad representative she's remarked candidly that she's been there all along, doesn't understand why I have benn waiting . I found that statement antagonising.
Etihad didn't help in the end. I was told all seats are all booked ( both of my fligjts are full) and everyone paid for their seats!
Which is obviously, something I struggle to believe.
At that point I was very tired and irritable. (Luckily I had dinner at the airport in Bali at my own expense, as I realised I won't get a meal on the plane).
I am quite unhappy with the way the system was designed. Whilst holidaying on an island where internet is not a reliable commodity, checking in online wasn't an option. However, having I paid for over £800 for this journey I feel a certain entitlement to be guaranteed the service purchased . Not being able to check-in in advance should not cause this sequence of failures that I have experienced back and forward.
I am still puzzled by how the airport representatives in Abu Dhabi didn't even entertain the idea of me purchasing an upgrade. Surely, one can run a business a bit savvier; turning down income seems silly.
Now having read a complaint site about the customer service at Etihad, I realise that refusing upgrade is a common practice. Also, helped putting my problem into perspective as I can read many people have gone through much worse.
May I just end saying this is not a sustainable business model and sooner rather than later this will catch up with Etihad and customers will opt for other airlines.
Looking forward to hear from you on compensation about the meals I wasn't provided, the earphones I left on your aircraft and the poor customer service.

Resolution statement

Etihad Airways Customer Care's Response, Apr 22, 2017
Dear Steli,

Thanks for taking the time to come to us and share this recent experience, firstly we would like to sincerely apologise for the service provided and kindly ask you to share this feedback with our team; socialmedia@etihad.ae
They will create a formal case for you and ask our Guest Relations team to further review this.

In regards to the earphones left on board we can certainly ask our team to check if these were found and handed in for you. To do so, please share your booking reference and we will do all possible and request an update for you. We do hope to hear back from you to help and advise *Gill
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country United Kingdom Complaint category Airlines

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree