[Resolved] Etihad Airways / delay, denied boarding at helsinki airport and lost baggage

1 Canada Review updated:

I flew by Etihad Airways EY1537 departing from Helsinki at 14.10 pm on 7 January 2016 and travelling to Pakistan Lahore scheduled to be there at 13.50 pm on 8 January 2016. I suffered denied boarding, no meals or accommodation under Regulation EC261/2004, and lost luggage at the end of my journey. I received property irregularity report at Lahore and sent a claim to feedback@etihad.ae and baggageclaims@etihad.ae back in January 2016. No compensation under EC 261/2004 for the delay and denied boarding or under Montreal Convention to pay for lost luggage and valuable items.

According to their own terms and conditions published on their website.I circle and underline the facts that myself and family are entitled to €600 Euro per person, refund of travel tickets €1925 and out of pocket expenses which they did not provide. They include hotel accommodation, food, telephone calls etc. The receipts of these out of pocket expenses are available.

I look forward to a response from them but if they ignore my claim, I shall seek appropriate legal remedies available to me under Regulation EC 261/2004 in the EU and under Montreal Convention in UAE. Anybody knows where to file an airline complaint in the United Arab Emirates?Please inform.

• Resolution statement

• Etihad Airways Customer Care's Response, Dec 29, 2017

Hello Hasan, you can certainly send us your case number but we are unsure if we can still assist when you complaint is almost two years old.
    Please forward us your details and we will check it for you. *Isi

Ha
Dec 27, 2017

Comments

• Hi
      29th of Dec, 2017

I don't think they will reply to you, or they will give reply which is not conclusive