Equity Residential / broken lease mistake

1 Laguna Niguel, CA, United States

Hi, my name is Javier Figueroa and the reason for this complaint is that in October, 2016 I went to Laguna Niguel, California to do a construction work for 3 months. The company that hire me had an employee name Ruben Robles that was living at that moment with his wife Cinthia in one of your Properties which address was 25032 Hidden Hills rd apt. I Laguna Niguel, CA 92677. Ruben offer to rent me a room at that apartment complex ( windridge apartments) for the 3 months that I was going to be performing the work. The only condition he ask me was to go to the leasing office so they can perform a background check and ad me to the lease, which I did. On December, 2016 I finsh the work that I was performing so Ruben and I went back to the leasing office so they can take out the lease. We spoke with the manager at that time and he took me out the lease. I went back to Orlando, Fl which were I live. Several months later a collection's agency inserted a $7, 000 debt in my credit report saying that I broke a lease on the property before mention. Apparently Ruben and Cinthia left apartment after I left and didn't finish their lease which they started on july, 2016. But that isn't my fault at all because I was ad to the lease after the fact and the manager took me out before I left. I call the apartment complex on September, 28 2018 and I spoke with manager, and he told me that he was going to look into it and will call me back on monday October, 1 2018. At this moment October, 5 2018 I still dont hear from him, obviously he isn't taking this situation seriously because he was the one that make the mistake. This situation is affecting my credit score big time, and what bother me the most is that I always been paying my debts on time and this one for sure isn't mine. At this moment Im only asking to this debt go away from my credit report but if I don't hear from you guys the next step is to hire a lawyer and tha obviously is going to incur in some $$$. Thanks for your time.

Ja