EOS CCA / collections

1 Norwell, ME, United States Review updated:

I recieved a collections letter from this agency today...claims At&T unpaid account...funny I paid the last bill that AT&T sent me and, I have the cancelled check as proof..AT&T tried to collect twice on the final bill and I did'nt pay them but ONE time for the final..I wrote to AT&T and asked them for written documentation for date of service and they refused to provide it..instead they contacted EOS CCA of Norwell Ma., I have documentation from the new service provider with the dates and AT&T is attempting to collect what they are NOT entitled to. So, now I am willing to provide this collection agency with that info as soon as they provide me with the specific dates that AT&T is claiming UNPAID to them...People you've got to watch these ###s..some of the biggest and most well know companies are the biggest thiefs.. I am also contacting the Federal dept collection agencies to file my complaints..all that are being harassed by these two put a cease and desist phone communications notice in the registered mail to these ###s...when they show up on your phone line document this and report them to the federals.

Cg

Comments

• Ki
      22nd of Dec, 2010

Cgs, I have been a professional collector for over 12 years, now retired, and I would like to give you some advice here...read the FDCPA (type that into your address bar) and that will give you all the federal laws ALL collection agencies must follow. There is no
    Federal dept collection agencies, as you say, that will resolve this. However, file a complaint with the FTC so it is logged, and then file a complaint with the stats AG office...THEY are the ones that can do something. You are requesting what is called validation of the debt, and that is something that you have the right to request (if done in writing) within 30 days of the initial contact.

One last piece of advice...NEVER pay by credit card, debit card or check. Pay instead by postal money orders or Western Union (if they accept Western Union Quic Collects).

• Te
      29th of Dec, 2010

This is part two of my XM Satellite Radio complaint: I received a letter from EOS CCA on December 27th. The letter was dated December 17th. It stated I owed $26.14 for charges from XM Radio. (see previous complaint). The issue I had with EOS is that they stated they cannot provide any evidence to me, yet on the back of their letter it states the Federal Requirement to send me such data provided I complain within 30 days of the Date of the billing. EOS decided to take 10 days of that right from me (see dates above) and secondly stated they do not provide info it is up to me to get it from XM. I do not believe that is the regualtion and I think the practices of EOS CCA and XM Satellite radio should get investigated by those responsible for protecting consumers. As stated in my complaint on XM the situation was fixed however it is MY credit report and info that will suffer for the errant information and practices of these companies.