Enhanced Recovery Corporation / Harrassing Wrong Person with Info obtained by Public Record

1 8014 Bayberry RoadJacksonville, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1800-251-1392

This very rude company called my home this morning trying to "get a message" to someone else regarding "personal business." When I asked "Crystal" how, where, and why she obtained my phone number, she stated that it was in the "public record" associated with the social security number of the person they are trying to contact. I stated my phone number is not to be associated with anyone but myself and I wanted to speak with a supervisor. "Chris" said I was just being nosy by asking why they were calling me in regards to someone else's "personal business." I told them they were nosy to involve me in someone else's business. After they hung up on me, I called back and spoke with a very nice woman who looked up my phone number and listed my number as do not contact. These collectors are rude, arrogant, deceptive, etc. They should not be allowed to contact random numbers regarding collections issues for their clients.

Comments

5th of Jul, 2008

maybe if u wasnt so rude and nosie maybe they wouldnt treat u that way

• Wh
      23rd of Jul, 2009

What kind of people prey on other people? From what I see ERC is nothing more than a cell of below human quality to pick on innocent people. Yes, I understand that there are some that owe money and lie, but if a person tells you that they are not that person, then you should believe them until you can prove otherwise. Don't keep calling them and harassing them. I have a new number and get calls for 3 different people. I believe one of the people is older and was taken advantage of, so she changed her number. The other sounds like a younger guy who has ripped off everyone he is in contact with. Why must I have to keep calling back these numbers and explaining I am not that person? Also, with ERC when you pick up the phone it is a recording. How are you suppose to tell them that the person they are trying to reach changed there number? Plus, and this is my favorite, they leave a message and tell you to ignore the message if the person is not at this number. How do you ignore it if they call every day and leave the same darn message? What a crock this company is with a buch of low-life half-breed mongrels leeching off of decent human beings.

• Ca
      22nd of Aug, 2009

Ok I used to work for the company and calling them bunch of low-life half-breed mongrels leeching off of decent human beings. Its their fault that your number popped up when they were searching for a contact number. All they want is a good contact number and all you have to do if you dont want to give out that number or if you dont know the person WRITE A MESSAGE or as if you can get your number removed from the system you call them idiots cause their calling you when all you have to do is say "dont call this number anymore" and as for asking what this is in regards to they are not going to tell you due to 3rd party disclosure they dont want to get fined so dont get ### with them when they tell you that FDCPA law are the laws they have to abide to. Dont blame them if you were listed as a known associate.

• Co
      6th of May, 2010

If you actually look at the perspective collections side of the party then you are way off ... its not the collectors that place your number on file its done by the people that opened that acct with the client originally...if its son, brother, father, or friend then your problem should be with them... not complaining because you got a call...also try to be polite if you hang up in someones face how are you being professional? in collections there is no do not call list that is for solicitations... FYI you can be polite and asked then to update there systems...but just know when your brother Johnny opens another acct in his name and he DOES NOT PAY HIS BILLS they will try to call him to let him know that he is delinquent and you decide not to pick up he phone or pick up and hang up ...trust me you will get another call... AGAIN FYI if you are polite you can achieve anything ... even get people to pay there OLD BILLS!

• Ba
      17th of Jun, 2010

I have had the misfortune of having the last same name as the person this company is trying to contact. It is apparent that they are using master phone lists and calling everyone that has the same last name. They state that if the the matter does not pertain to you, to ignore the message and delete it. They were told last year, the first year this started, that there was no person within the family who had the name "Howard". Nowhere within the recorded messages that they leave, do they state that if you are not the person that you need to take time, (yes, your own private personal time) to maybe give calling them at the number they left for "Howard" to get them to leave you alone. Then year two came around and they started calling for "Howard" again. When I called them to tell them no "Howard" is in the family blood line, they were extremely rude, stated they would take me off the list and then, without any apology abruptly hung up. There should be a law against using Master phone lists, like those used by politcal action groups and your neighborhood Goodwill Organization in an attempt to harass innocent people in pursuit of getting as much dough as they scrape up for the company coffers. I have no sympathy for those of you who that we should be more understanding. I've read some of your comments and you are way off base. Nobody should have to put up with this, even if they once were acquainted with the offending perpetrator or not.

• Am
      23rd of Apr, 2013

This company called looking for me and in turn asked to speak to my landlord instead of me about a debt that is questionable at best. My daughter who they coerced into getting involved who is a minor and who was confused, she is a nine year old. They have somehow found out about where I live and who I live with and seems to be trying to get more information about my life. This is an issue that pertains to me and me only I am absolutely disgusted at the practices this company will use and at any and all costs. I am disgusted and would love to have the money to sue these people until the cows come home, hopefully they what they have coming to them in some form or another. This place is a joke and a complete and lack of utter time.