Emirates Airline / rude, unprofessional and arrogant flight supervisor (mr. ali)

1 Philippines Review updated:

Its with deep sense of hurt and outright shock that I make this complaint.I have searched on the website of Emirate for a designated page for Passengers to lodge complaints to the Airline, but didn't see any.I won't like to conclude that the Airline has no regards for Passenger's interest.
I have no option but to use this site.

I decided for the first time in my life to use Emirates Airline to travel to the Philippines with my 4 Kids for the Christmas and New year Holidays. It was expectedly a trip with great expectations, since I intend to explore investing in properties in Dubai and also join my Wife for the holidays.

All our tickets were paid and confirmed, except that of my son Anthony Akah, even up to the time of boarding-his Dubai to Manila remained on waiting list. Upon advice by my travel Agent, I paid extra amount to upgrade my economu ticket to Business class at the prevailing high rate, so that Son can avail of my earlier booked and confirmed seat.

We therefore requested the Emirate office at the Airport to upgrade my ticket and confirm my son's iternary.This they did and I was given a Business class ticket on my name Anthony Akah on flight No.EK 334 December 6, 2008 to Manila.Please note, my Son and I share same name.

It was a sad experience travelling with 4 minors (Less than 12 years old), with them seating far away in the Economy, while I seat at the Business class, with no One to attend to them, especially in emergency situations.

I received the worst experience in my life, when I was approached by the Supervisor of the Business class, one Mr.Ali that I am seating at the seat paid for my son Anthony Akah. All attempts by me to explain that my name is Dr.Anthony Akah and I paid extra to be upgraded to a Business class, so that my son, also Anthony Akah could have confirmed seats, failed on deaf ears. He rudely did not allow me to offer any explaination, but rather rudely shouted and odered me out of the seat. He branded me a cheat and made disparaging remarks that clearly connotes racial prejudice.

The siad Mr.Ali (Flight Attendant/Supervisor) distanced the Airline from any mistake that the Emirate Office at Lagos International Airport may have made in upgrading my son's ticket, instead of mine, as per my request, telling me'its your business with them in Lagos, you must get out of the Business class area to Economy, before I can listern to you or I will make formal complaints upon arrival!!!'.

My son was traumatized with the assault and in tears had to leave the warm company of his other sibblings, whom he was playing games with, to relocate to the said Business class seat-all alone.The said Ali was non-challant of his being un attended and agony.

I am a very top Federal Government Official that travels alot internationally on other Airlines on Business class. I am well read and placed, not to get involved in such very petty dirty practice of paying for my Child's ticket upgrade, with expectation of using his seat. The ticket stub issued to me and print out for that Business class seat did not indicate anywhere that it is for a minor.It just indicated 'Anthony Akah'.

I hope that the Emirate Airline would investigat and discipline that rude staff of theirs and send me a formal apology for the public embarrassment and trauma caused to my children, who witness such unwarranted assault on their Father.

Dr.Anthony Akah
dr_akah@yahoo.com

Dr

Comments

• Ih
      24th of May, 2009

Said person is Mr. Ali Almulla, Emirates Purser, Staff Number 138165.
    Good luck with your complaint.

• Ha
      26th of Jun, 2009

you can send your comment to customer.affairs@emirates.com

21st of Mar, 2010

I always flyed with emirates and had no problem but this time when coming back to the U K i didn't like the standerd of emirates and the cabin crew and the way i was respected. I fristltly asked for a extra pillow for my back as i was travelling a long distance and was a bit difficult for me to travel a long distance while i was 5 monthes pregnate. The answer that i got was "NO" we dont have extra on board we are short.
    Next when they were serving dinner i told them that i want somthing vegterain to eat, theh cabin crew told me that is vegetarin what they served me which i knew it wasn't because when other asked for vegterain food they got a baugett and i got the same food as the non vegterains and told that the following was vegterain, so the following flight i had nothing to eat, which was difficult to travel 6 hours nothing to eat while you are pregnate.
    They have just a costumer and i dont think i will ever fly with emirates again because the way i was treated.

• Di
      19th of Aug, 2010

Dr Akah: You should sue Emirates for discrimation or whatever clauses available. It's a shame such a reputable airline should employ a disgraceful cabin crew. I've always admire Emirates' crew so polite and professional so if you were upset I am sure you deserve an apology.

15th of Mar, 2011

I will never fly emirates again they toke my skywards miles away 9500 with out any escuse and dont reply to my complin actually i cant comunicate as i get error send report every time i send a email to them via skywards.com my lawer is doin something about for the sake of principal