Elmhurst Toyota / unhappy with service department
After buying and having my car serviced at elmhurst toyota for 5-years, I was amazed at what happened last saturday. I cracked my driver's side mirror; not the casing or motor, just the mirror. I took it in to get replaced. two hours later, they said it would have to be ordered and would cost $300.00. since I had already spoken with autozone and knew the price of a replacement mirror ($38) I asked why $300? oh, the casing is cracked I was told. so, I said show me. fifteen minutes later, no crack and the mechanic says well, we crack 3 out of 4 replacement mirrors so we want you to pay $300 for the full assembly. no, I said, just the mirror. I was told (after I paid for additional repairs they found when they inspected my car without my permission) the part was ordered. I received an email (no phone call) late today from the service director daniel briggs. he wants me to pay $300 for the full assembly; they break 3 out of 4 upon install. and, if I don't and they break it during install, even though I would pay $50.00 for the install, they will not absorb the cost.
I'm speechless; to find this level of deceptive practice from a firm like this is so disappointing.
More Elmhurst Toyota Complaints & Reviews
- Toyota corolla 141 - low fuel consumption rate 
- Toyota Vios - engine knocking sound 
- Toyota International Lotto (Headquarter), japan - no response regarding toyota car international promotion program 
- Toyota Lottery Award - scam lottery! 
- Toyota / MMT Gearbox - dishonest sales tactics - advertising and selling vehicles equipped with mmt gearbox as automatic 
- Toyota Motor Corporation - Innova Crysta Car Insurance Settelement
- Toyota Motor Corporation - Ending a lease and trying to get a new lease
- Toyota Motor Corporation - Car purchases
- Toyota Motor Corporation - toyota prius 2011
- Toyota Motor Corporation - my life threatening car!!!