[Resolved] Electrolux Induction Range — e15 error code - cooktop not working
Our family somehow survived the May 2011 F5 Joplin tornado and we lost practically everything. After a long miserable year of misery, we ended buying a new home. For all we had gone through, and learning the advantages of induction, we treated ourselves to a Electrolux free standing range, model# EW30IF60ISB (Serial# VF20555683) in August 2012 for $2300+ . It worked great until a month (May 2014) back until a E15 error code showed and since, it would not let you do anything on the cooktop. So we are without a range for a month now.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Joplin, MO The authorized repair guy talked to the Electrolux service tech and they said they don't have much idea why this has happened nor have they heard about this problem (please check webistes about numerous complaints for E15 error code) and needless to say the only way as per the repair guy (by the way a real nice guy) is to keep replacing the electronic board until the problem is solved by guess work. I have already replaced the UIB and Relay board (as per manual) but no solution yet, the next may be the entire touch screen panel in the front. By the time the range is repaired by guess work it will over $1200 cost (about 50% of new one). I have no choice but to discard this range replace it with some other brand. This is also a story of how Electrolux ruined our family's upcoming vacation by diverting our hard earned saved money to buy a replacement range- isn't much fun cooking with one portable electric cooktop and microwave. Thank you Electrolux.
Problem resolved by itself after two days of being switched off and resetting the power. It is working fine without any problem for many days now.
More Electrolux Induction Range Complaints & Reviews
- Frigidaire - front load washer poorly engineered. 
- Electrolux India - pathetic customer service by electrolux 
- Electrolux Front Loader Washer & Dryer - % year warranty & dryer breaks 1.4 yrs into contract
- Electrolux - Washer & Dryer - rebate scam 
- Frigidaire 4000 - dishwasher vents out the sides 
- Frigidaire - product is front load washer, model fffw5000oqw
- Electrolux Microwave - terrible customer service 
- Frigidaire - service contract 
- Frigidaire / Electrolux - frigidaire dishwasher: 2 years old
- Frigidaire - refrigerator fan quit, spoiled food