eHarmony / autorenew

Santa Monica, CA, United States Review updated:

Eharmony is a total rip off, they tell you they auto renew for the same amount of time you initially signed up for on the site. They tell you there is no way to turn off the auto renew, that you have to call and cancel. They only tell you you can turn off the auto renew until AFTER they auto renew your membership for another 6 months. We need a lawsuit against this. It's totally unfair that even after you call to cancel they will not refund you the amount of time you have let on the membership. How do they stay in business, they are criminals.

Ss
Feb 27, 2013

Comments

• Em
      Jul 13, 2013

Totally agree. I was just charged for a additional six months. I KNOW I turned off the auto- renewal when I signed up...how? Because a while back I signed up for a subscription, same thing happened, but back then it was my fault because I didn't turn it off and I soon found out. So this time, it was one of the first things I did. After a conversation with a absolutely useless customer service, I was told MAYBE I could get refunded if I met someone???? Are you [censored]ing kidding me!!!
    Stay away, they took my money, but I can take potential customer from them, they will lose far more money that way.

• Be
      Jun 19, 2014

I want to put them out of business! What they are doing to the single people in USA is nothing more then robbing each one of us under the name of scam that they go under as a dating service. First, they get some smart lawyer to write-up this form letter in which he knows none of us will understand until it is too late. Now the ones working for eHarmony has the job to point out to us now we are suppose to feel upset that is there game plan. Yes, if enough of us challenge there business practice we would take this so call dating service where it belongs, how they disrespected us and tried to take advantage of our situation and all of us are fighting back! Let us take them to court together!