Egypt Airlines / EgyptAirservice/food/damaged luggage

I have been flying Egypt Air since 2013. My United Air Star Alliance #CB546913.
First from Rome to Guangzhou 5 times a year.
Lately Miami to Sharm el Shiekh 4 times a year.
The overall service has gone to hell. I am a wheelchair passenger.
Flight attendants do not offer assistance when boarding USA bound flights, it takes up to one hour to get a chair upon arrival in Cairo, and Sharm.
The food and entertainment is awful!!! The same entertainment is offered on outbound and inbound flights.
Flight attendants disappear, except during meal service. When I asked for some water, I was treated like I had asked for a kilo of gold.
Upon arrival to Sharm on May 26, one of the wheels on my suitcase was missing. I made a report and I was told to call the Sharm office after one week to get compensation. When I called, I was told it takes 14 working days to be processed. When I called today (the 14th day), I was told I need to wait until the end of June since the paper work was sent late to the insurance company.
When I asked to speak to a supervisor, I was told there is no one.

The air crafts are old and some parts (seats, sound, lights) do not work.
The service is poor.
Prices have risen 40% over the last several years (they claim rising cost) when the price of oil decreased 50%.
Stay away. Use a USA carrier whenever possible.
Thanks for reading this. :)

Mo
Jun 14, 2018

Comments

• Lo
      Jun 23, 2018

I'm a wheelchair passenger too they have totally destroyed my wheelchair coming back from Cairo to London, I'm having extreme problem now with my "damaged baggage" claim I have given them every document they needed for their insurance company & now they are completely ignoring me, this has been going on since March 2018 quite frankly in today's day & age it is appalling how they treat disabled passengers.
    The phone number in their emails doesn't exist, they have asked for the same documents over & over again, I've had months without getting around independently as the wheelchair was so damaged I can't use it.
    I'm a frequent flyer to Cairo but from now on I'll fly on BA.