[Resolved] eDreams / ticket name wrong spelling

Jul 20, 2015
18 Murraystreet Nelspruit
Phone: 0815067250
We bought 2 flight tickets through eDreams. OR Thambo to Venice through Ethiad airlines. The name on one of the tickets are wrongly spelled. All info was given correctly through to the company but when we received proofe we realized they made a mistake with the name. We send through several emails and several complaints without any success. According to eDreams we need to buy a new ticket. They are not able to change the name. We've reqeusted to refund both the tickets or to replace the wrong ticket. There only respond is that it's our problem and need to spend an additional R8000 to buy a new ticket. This is daylight robbery and a holiday looking forward and saved for for months started as a nightmare due to eDreams trying to rob innocent people. We have all communication and emails available.

Resolution statement

eDreams Customer Care's Response, Jul 21, 2015
Dear Mariaan de Lange

Thank you for reviewing your eDreams experience.

We regret to inform you that, as a general condition, such changes are not permitted. eDreams as any other travel agent is obliged to submit terms and conditions of the airline.

On the other hand, we would kindly inform you that every booking is confirmed with the exact information provided at time of booking as introduced by into the reservation system directly.

Could you please provide us your booking reference replying a private message we have sent you, so that we can look further into your case?

We would be happy to assist.

Best regards.
Nicole - eDreams Customer Care team.
eDreams Customer Care's Response, Nov 10, 2015
Hello Nisrin,

We are very sorry to hear that there is a spelling mistake on one of your tickets.

Please provide your booking reference in a response to a private message we have sent you, so we would be able to retrieve your reservation and to check with the airline if the name could be corrected.

Warm regards.

N  9th of Aug, 2015 by    Agree Disagree 0 Votes
same thing happended to me i lost my money because of a simple name mistake on the ticket
i booked a new ticket and never recieved a refund

N  20th of Aug, 2015 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Im currently going through the same issue. We spelt a name with a one letter spelling error, and even though the airlines agree to change, edreams wont, and continue to insist its the airlines fault. This company should be struck off
N  6th of Nov, 2015 by
I bought ticket 4 ticket for me and for my husband and for my daughters and I had mistake with spoiling I am very sad,

eDreams Logo eDreams