[Resolved] eDreams / scam

We originally checked out airfare from FLL to SJO on TripAdvisor which automatically directed us towards eDreams We tried to use eDreams website to book a trip from FLL to SJO. During that transaction their site would not complete it, it just kept advising us that the "transaction was completing" So after 30 minutes of this I called in directly to eDreams. The agent advised me that the first transaction was cancelled but airfare was still available but that there was an increase and now the price was more than $40 more. I questioned that increase since we did not cancel the first transaction, eDreams did and I felt they should honor that price. but she would not and told me the air fare can change minute by minute, so I booked the flights. After hanging up I checked my email only to find an email from them requesting for me to complete my original transaction, now $17 cheaper than my original quote. I called their customer service line for the US which just rings 20 times then disconnects you. So I then called back into eDreams to try to correct this situation. The next customer service representative offered me no help at all so I asked for a supervisor and was told that it would be a 2 hour wait to speak to one and that I "should call back in a few hours when he isn't busy" I refused that advise and told him I would hold. After about 45 minutes he came back on and told me that I need to call back in 2 hours and hung up on me. I then called back into eDreams and got another customer service representative who gave yet the same party line but was willing to let me speak to a supervisor. The supervisor also observed that there were two transactions and that the first one was cancelled, with a service fee of $10.50 and the second transaction had been booked with a service fee of $51.50. There had no been increase in airfare, only their booking fee. I explained to him that at no time did I cancel the original transaction and that I was told that there was an increase in airfare. He said that he would conduct a recorded review of the conversation and turn it over to the appropriate department. So far all I have received from eDreams is a bunch of "one size fits all" explanations trying to bolster their position for their increase in their service fees and no credible explanation as to what happened with my original transaction or the conduct of their service agents. they emailed me to say that I had the opportunity to view the charges before purchase; how exactly would I have viewed the charges if it took place on the phone and the agent lied about the charges? If I had just gone to the airlines website I would have paid the exact same amount as I paid on eDreams without their BS service fee. Avoid this company if you can, they are nothing but a headache.

• Resolution statement

• eDreams_en.'s Response, Mar 31, 2016

Dear kjjj,

Thanks for posting your review and giving us the opportunity to assist you with this issue.

We are sorry to read that your first booking attempt did not go through and then the same fare was no longer available.

However, we would to inform you that eDreams guarantees its customers the best available price at the moment of the reservation. For any fare request, we look for the best fares consulting simultaneously all the reservation systems of the regular and low cost airlines. eDreams can only guarantee the best fare when you ask for it as a result of a real time search.

Nevertheless, fares and seat availability fluctuate in a free way and can also change at any time since the fare price and fare conditions are controlled by the airlines.

Furthermore, eDreams service fees are variable and depend on the conditions of each booking. In any case, eDreams always displays the final price of your booking before you accept the Terms & Conditions and finalise the purchase.

From this Customer Care Department, we would like to check the fare increase mentioned in order to advise you accordingly. In order to do that, we have contacted you through private message so you can provide us your booking details.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused and we remain at your complete disposal.

Kind regards,