Edible Arrangements / Freshness

1 Carlstadt, NJ, United States Review updated:

I ordered an arrangement for my wife for mothers' day. The gift was delivered about 9:30am that day and was left sitting in the dining room until my wife came downstairs about an hour later. It looked absolutely great and she really liked it. The arrangement stayed out on the table for the remainder of that day and was actually used as our dinner table centerpiece. After dinner the wrapping was opened at the top and our family had a few pieces of the fruit as dessert. Once dinner was ended, the basket was re-covered and remained on the table. About 9pm when we were preparing to settle in for the night, my wife and I removed all the fruit from the arrangement and placed the different types of fruit into individual storage containers and put them into the refrigerator. They were kept refrigerated the entire time until maybe 7 or 7:30 pm the next day and when we decided to enjoy more of the fruit as our evening tv snack the honeydew and cantaloupe melon pieces had a strangely tart taste as compared to being very sweet just hours before. The strawberries had begun to soften and turn also. Fortunately we were still able to eat the grapes and pineapple pieces that remained. Needless to say, we had to throw out the melons and strawberries. For the cost of this arrangement the bad far outweighed the good. Approximately 1/2 of the so-called "fresh" fruit was inedible.

Comments

22nd of May, 2011

no kidding, just because its an edible arrangement and it looks pretty doesnt mean it can stay out at room tempurature like flowers, talk about bad food safety

• Bi
      7th of May, 2014

True Chevypride. if you leave fruit out for 12 hours, and then try to refrigerate it, it will go bad...fresh fruit is cold all the time at edible arrangements, and for the fruit to be moved from cold to maybe 30-40 degrees hotter for 12 hours? its gonna spoil. that is just common sense!