Having problems with Brach's?

Brach's Customer Service Contacts

1 Tower Lane № 2700
Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Brach's Customer Service. Initial Brach's complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Brach's above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Brach's. Discuss the issues you have had with Brach's and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Nov 13, 2020

Brach's — Mellowcreme autumn mix. All the candy was hard; had no flavor; some pieces were too big to chew. The candy is not near good.

As a young child, and I'm over 80 years of age now, we bought this candy and mixed peanuts with it...

Brach'sBrachs maple nut goodies

I purchased three bags of the maple nut goodies which we love and we go through a lot it was my dad's favorite candy and we love the candy but last three bags we bought were very very hard you couldn't hardly bite them and I know they are not supposed to be that way but they were extremely hard they were not out of date the date on this bag is 1 14 21 so it's not that they're old

Brach'sBrachs cinnamon hard candy

I bought 5 packs of Brachs Cinnamon hard candy. When I opened first packed noticed had a lot of cherry hard candy in it instead of cinnamon. I opened 2nd pack first one I opened it was cherry. Someone really messed something up on the line. I did not want cherry I paid my money go cinnamon. Bags says guarantee satisfaction. Well I am not satisfied did not get what I paid for.

Brachs cinnamon hard candy

Brach'sMini candy corn and chocolate peanuts

The peanuts tasted like they were old, they had a terrible taste. The expiration date on the bag was good until Dec 2021 so they were not outdated in the store. The peanuts must have been sitting in the processing plant for a long time before being used. I have never had a bad Brachs product before and I have bought them for almost 50 years.

Brach'sAutumn mix

I was sitting here wondering why there is no flavor in this bag of autumn mix. Had some given to me last week that was the same way.
        Was reading the bag information and saw it was a product of mexico. Great day. No wonder the stuff isn't good any more.
        25 years ago, this was some of the best candy and I waited every year for it to come out!! So as I throw this mess away, I know I will not buy any more. Another good candy from the past bit the dust.
        So sad.

Brach'sAutumn Mix

My granddaughter was so excited to be able to get the Autumn mix from you finally. She bought 4 bags. Got home and opened one. The pieces taste like wax. No flavor. No sweetness, just wax. She opened another one. Same thing. WAX! What is going on with your candy? If its the pandemic, maybe you would be better off not even making it at all. This is the code on the bottom of the bags.
          the code on the back was 0F22VR1124 best by 06/21/2021.
          [protected]@gmail.com

• Updated by ggmotha · Sep 22, 2020

I am 63 years old and have loved brachs for as long as i can remember. One of my favorites is the autumn mix. I bough two bags today and got them home in anticipation of enjoying the mapley chocolatey flavors. Nope! they each tasted like they were made from pure wax. I'm not one to complain but i am very disappointed and sad. I don't think i will try anymore this year. Sorry for the big letters this is not an angry message just disappointed.

[email protected]

• Quannell Johnson Sep 26, 2020

Hi ggmotha,

I have reviewed your note about Autumn mix. Are you sure that it tastes like wax? Many people start to lose their sense of taste as they age. Perhaps you could share your candy with your children and ask them how they taste. Most people enjoy this candy.

Thanks!

Sep 21, 2020

Brach's — Mellowcreme pumpkins and candy corn

Dear Sirs, I have purchased mellowcreme pumpkins as well as all holiday mellowcreme candies since I was a...

BrachsAutumn mix

What happened to your Autumn Mix there were no maple flavored or chocolate flavored pieces in the mix did you think no one would notice or just want to cheapen things up. Those were the best flavors .We look forward to these every year and have been buying them for over 25 years.Please put them back . We were very disappointed. Not only children like candy we may be old but we buy a lot of candy. Please fix this problem.

• Quannell Johnson Sep 21, 2020

Hi Nancy!

I have reviewed your note about Autumn mix. Are you sure that there were no maple or chocolate pieces? Many people start to lose their sense of taste as they age. Perhaps you could share your candy with your children and ask them if there are any maple or chocolate pieces? It might be a better scientific experiment to also ask them about flavors that shouldn't be there like caramel or salted pretzel.

Sandra Fry Sep 22, 2020

How DARE you folks at Brachs treat a customer like this??!
                I am DISGUSTED that anyone responding to a customer complaint...or to or re: ANYTHING for that matter, would treat someone as poorly and as rudely as in this case????!
                You have the gall to suggest this person is too OLD to know what they're tasting...and that because they're a senior, that they have lost all ability to enjoy candy or understand what it is they're eating??
                You are the worst of the worst and I will refuse to buy anything made by Brachs and will insist my children & their children and even THEIR children do NOT make any purchases from any Brachs or affiliates. I will also spread the word to my Church, my community and friends. That Brachs is horrible to seniors and blatantly prejudices themselves toward all seniors. I thought I'd seen it all. Brachs is worse than anything I could've imagined. You should be shut down permanently.

Brach'sMaple nut goodies

Please please... Go back to the old receipe, I think we all hate the new hard candy. When the old soft candy was soooo much better.
              What is it gonna take to get it back??? I can sit and eat a whole bag when it is the old and best receipe you ever had. I see complaint after complaint about it on the internet, I think we all have the childhood memories of the favorite candy being the maple nut goodies. Now it's the break your teeth and no satisfaction in taste or quality with the hard candy that is being put out there. Please take pity on the people that are telling you to do the right thing and bring back the best of the best.
              Pat shetler
              [protected]@yahoo.com

Brach'sMaple nut goodies

My son gave me 2 packs of MNG for my birthday on Monday as he always does, since he knows that it is one of my favorite candies. This year the first package is way off your standards. The insides are very hard and almost unchewable. I am very disappointed, because this is the first time in 80 years they were not as good as expected. The UPC is [protected] and product code is OE11BB182. Do I send them back or just throw them away?

Please respond,
                Charles L Huber

Brach'sMaple Nut Goodies

WHAT have you done to Maple Nut Goodies?! I heard they were taken off the shelves awhile back, but no one could tell me why. Then one day while shopping Amazon there they were, yay! But no yay. Although they taste somewhat similar, the coating on them is terrible. Instead of the solid crunchiness it is this "paste" that rubs off on your hands when you hold them.
                  Please tell us that this is not permanent.

Brach'sMaple nut goodies

The roasted peanut in crunchy toffee is hard. So hard that is very difficult to bite into and chew. It was once one of my favorite candies to eat. I found it in a store and was excited to enjoy the candy again. After trying to eat the first one I found it way too hard to bite into or chew. I tried another thinking it was a bad one in the bag. Everyone I tried to eat was all the same, unedible. The bag says freshness guarantee. They guarantee your satisfaction by replacing prouduct. Why would I or anyone want another bag of inedible candy. How do they expect a child to eat their product? They should be assamed and stop producing what they call goodies. Good for who?

Brach'sMaple nut goodies

I prefer the previous recipe to the (hard) toffee Maple Nut Goodies. Please change them back or either offer both so you have a choice to get the softer version.
                      My co-workers, as well, prefer the softer Maple Nut Goodies.
                      This has always been my daughter's favorite candy. She is also disappointed in this new texture/taste.
                      Thank you for your consideration of this.
                      Donna Horn

Apr 15, 2020

Brach's — speckled jelly beans

The speckled jelly bird eggs are so nasty. They taste like chemicals. Used to be the best around. Please make...

Apr 13, 2020

Brach's — marshmallow easter hunt eggs

Purchased several bags of the individual wrapper and several bags of the unwrapped. Founs MANY were STALE...

Mar 23, 2020

Brach's — to many black jelly beans

So you sell bags of all black jelly beans. I hate the black ones I got a 14.5 oz of classic jelly bird egg...

Mar 21, 2020

Brach's — The back of the package states that 5 pieces make a serving and there are 6 servings in the bag.

I purchased 2 bags of the Malted Milk Pastel Fieta eggs. I just happened to count the eggs in separate...

Brach'sBrach's Malted Milk Eggs Pastel Fiesta counts approximately HALF of advertised

Missleading labelling on the bag. Label states there are six servings in bag. Each serving consists of five pieces. This means the bag should contain approximately 30 pieces. Imagine my surprise when I counted only 16 pieces. So far, of the three bags I have purchased, the piece count has been half of what is advertized.

Items purchased Wahlgreens in Vienna VA on 3/10.

Resolution, send me three more bags of the HALF count products so it can equal what you advertize.

Brach'sBrach’s Easter eggs

I have purchased 3 bags of your Easter eggs. Which, are very good, but none of the bags had red eggs. One bag had all yellow eggs, don't they put equal amount of different color eggs in each bags? This was very disappointing! I must say, I don't know what Brach's did with the taste to some of . It doesn't taste as good as it use to in the past years. Just asking!

What are we suppose to put as a category, it doesn't make sense what is the purpose?

Brach’s Easter eggs

Brach'sjust stop it! bring back the "normal" conversation hearts!!!

What have you done? The new recipe for the conversation hearts is the worse. Chalky - too sweet not the right texture. What is wrong there? Whomever thought it was ok to just change the formula needs to be fired. These new candies are disgusting. I have driven to every cvs, target, grocery and walmart to see if they have any of the "old" hearts. I have found some in the smaller single servings and bought all that I could.

It's bad enough that you have ruined the jelly beans but we need to bring back the original recipe for candy hearts that are not hard, crunchy and taste like the color they represent.

Who do I need to contact?