eCost.com / Terrible Service

1 NV, United States

I attempted to purchase an MSI Wind All-In-One desktop PC from eCost.com they beat the competition's price by about 70 dollars. I had never ordered from eCost.com before so I was a little nervous. Apparently I should have gone with my gut. I placed the order on 11/3/2010 everything went fine, they called a few hours later to confirm all of the billing information (I thought it was odd since none of the other online retailers I have ordered from have done this before, but also thought it was kind of nice that they verified everything.) So I went about business as usual. A business week later I hadn't received any tracking information or updates so I contacted there customer service via email. They responded to me the next day and said that the order had been canceled, due to the item being out of stock...I was shocked. I checked the site again and it showed up as In Stock...I was a little confused so I called there customer service. She confirmed that the order had indeed been canceled due to the item being out of stock. I told her that on there site that it showed up as in stock. She found it and said yes it was in stock now. She then asked if I'd like to place the order...due to the fact that they never told me that the original order was canceled to begin with I pissed at there communication skills to me the customer and decided to pay a little extra from NewEgg.com and get the item from there. At least I know that they will send me the order quickly it's worth the extra cash. I will never order from eCost again.