eBay Uk / Scam and dishonesty!
Hi, I wonder if you can help or investigate
Here is a complaint I have about eBay fees
1) not so bad When you list an item at a price within a higher fee bracket and then decide to reduce the price ( which falls in the lower fee bracket ) eBay keeps the higher fee.
However, if you list and item at a lower fee threshold and decide to raise the price to a higher one, the additional fee is automatically charged. No fee reduction applies if you decided to lower the price.
2) Very dishonest
If you list an item on any auction format, and some one has bid on it a final value is automatically debited to your account immediately So if you have sold a gold watch for £1100 the fees will be as such
listing fee £2.00
final value fee £28.85
So far , so good.
However if the winning bid was unauthorized. ie stolen etc and requiring eBay investigation
eBay automatically cancels the transaction and credit the account with the listing fee only of £2.00
and keeps the £28.85. eBay will notify you of the cancellation and pending investigation, and the credit of £2.00 BUT conveniently forgets about £28.85 final value fee.
So with increase unauthorized bids, eBay can make a lot of money from illegal bidders, at the expense of sellers
If you investigate this you will find that this is a nasty fact... Should be made illegal for eBay to rob people blind!!!
More eBay Uk Complaints & Reviews
- eBay Shopping Genie - scam 
- eBay And Psa/dna Quick Opinion Service - quick authentication service does not protect the buyer. 
- eBay Success System - fraud rip off 
- eBay Scam List E Thru Z - warning! new crime schemes on ebay! 
- eBay - ebay seller fraud loophole 
- eBay - I sent back fuel pumps back and have no refund yet.
- eBay - seller complaint
- eBay - refund - customer service
- eBay.com/Tolullectibles - not helping with my item. 
- eBay - watch casio edifice