Ebay Uk

Posted:

Scam and dishonesty!

Hi, I wonder if you can help or investigate

Here is a complaint I have about eBay fees

1) not so bad When you list an item at a price within a higher fee bracket and then decide to reduce the price ( which falls in the lower fee bracket ) eBay keeps the higher fee.

However, if you list and item at a lower fee threshold and decide to raise the price to a higher one, the additional fee is automatically charged. No fee reduction applies if you decided to lower the price.

2) Very dishonest

If you list an item on any auction format, and some one has bid on it a final value is automatically debited to your account immediately So if you have sold a gold watch for £1100 the fees will be as such

listing fee £2.00
final value fee £28.85

So far , so good.
However if the winning bid was unauthorized. ie stolen etc and requiring eBay investigation
eBay automatically cancels the transaction and credit the account with the listing fee only of £2.00
and keeps the £28.85. eBay will notify you of the cancellation and pending investigation, and the credit of £2.00 BUT conveniently forgets about £28.85 final value fee.

So with increase unauthorized bids, eBay can make a lot of money from illegal bidders, at the expense of sellers

If you investigate this you will find that this is a nasty fact... Should be made illegal for eBay to rob people blind!!!

Regards,
Mike
Complaint comments Comments (5) Complaint country United Kingdom Complaint category Ebay Scams

Comments

N  5th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
SMC-Total in the Butt if you need to cancel your membership.

I tried to cancel and ended up with my bank account closed because of these people, they kept going into my my account without my permission.
A  23rd of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes
ebay a robbing people blind with there FVF fees of 10% its disgusting.
I sold something for £410 which cost me £345 - the the time ebay charged me a FVF of £39 and paypay £14.14 - I made £10 profit...ebay took all my profit.

Ebay is not worth using to sell anything!
A  23rd of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes
Hi I'm glad I'm not the only one angry at Ebay Fees - 10% final value fee are ebay having a joke!!
I wrote a letter of complaint only to get a standard email back. Which i replied to - the to get the excate same STANDARD email again...customer service I THINK NOT.

I sold some tickets I did not need on ebay - thought i'd get something back on them until ebay charged me 10% fee and I;ve not lost £55 on the tickts because of this fee.

EBAY ARE GREEDY MONEY GRABBERS...
A  16th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
Well, ok, the 10% fee is one thing, then the paypal fee, which ebay own by the way, but my major problem is the alienation they have caused all foreign bidders, the free p&p is allowing sellers to include the cost of shipping in the starting price, or free p&p is offered, yet I, living in Ireland am now forced to compete as a bidder with people who only pay what the auction ends at, if I win, the seller generally sends an invoice with a shipping cost included, a full shipping cost to include extras of course, usually about £4 for an item that cost say £1.80 to send to me, so there you have it...

Anyway, world recession, massive unemployment... i still wouldn't use ebay to sell on, not worth it as the profit margin on the item you sell has to be at least 20%, as the majority of that goes on fees... great business strategy by ebay there, I wish they were running my company, though I would not want people knowing who I am, people generally don;t like to be robbed in broad daylight

An Irish disgruntled ex ebay seller
A  19th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
absolutely shocking in a middle of a recession where people will sell loads to generate cash ebay are cashing in with 10% final value fee's. the only reason they are getting away with it and people still selling is cause they need the cash. scandalous now !!

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree