eBay / Paypal / excessive fees
This situation still has me heated! I sold a gift card on Ebay back in December. I received it for Christmas but I was facing eviction when I could not pay the rent ( I was short actually)! The face value was $500.00. I received alot of bids but the deadline was coming to pay the rent w/o any late fees so I settled on 350.00. I have always sold items on Ebay but at the present I hadn't withn a year. Well, while I was away from the site for about a year, a new policy went into effect w/o my knowledge. Now, no matter what you sell, you MUST send the item to the buyer and upon their approval or up to 21 days, you'd get your money released from paypal, if you paid that way. First off I would NEVER send an item that expensive w/o payment and I did not have 21 days to wait so I canceled the transaction, refunded the money and emailed the person explaining how I was unfamiliar of the new policy. After several emails later, I had filed a complaint and asked for a refund of fees. Well, the buyer denied it and until this day I owe for a final value fee, or something like that. They give the buyer that option wheather to accept or deny the request. It isn't the buyers money so why would this person deny me? I did receive an email from the buyer complaining that if he accepted to cancel the sale I could relist and sell for a higher price. Maybe I could but I had no time besides I ended the listing early so why would I want to do that. I researched the "new policy" and it suppsoedly is for high risk categories (which they don't state) and had I known I would not have listed it. This person almost had me evicted. Can you imagine if I had sent the card even by registered mail, etc. that they could easily say they did not receive it and they know good damn and well they used it? There were alot of instances on Ebay where that has happened so I was not going to be a victim. Be ware! How can this be legal, sending an item w/o being paid first? Stupido!!!
Fafaculo to Ebay!
More eBay / Paypal Complaints & Reviews
- eBay Shopping Genie - scam 
- eBay And Psa/dna Quick Opinion Service - quick authentication service does not protect the buyer. 
- eBay Success System - fraud rip off 
- eBay Scam List E Thru Z - warning! new crime schemes on ebay! 
- eBay - ebay seller fraud loophole 
- eBay - deceptive information on checkout
- eBay - unethical behavior allowing a seller to cancel a purchase after I paid for the item.
- eBay - unethical behavior scam
- eBay - always have trouble signing in!
- eBay - lack of product hoover carpet cleaner model fh50900 from four vendors!