Earthlink DSL / Terrible service!

1 1375 Peach Tree StAtlanta, GA, United States
Phone: 1-404-885-1365

Subject: Earthlink DSL internet and phone service *Earthlink is guilty of unfair business practices: Earthlink misrepresents the ability to provide high speed (or any speed) internet access.
-Provides inadequate internet and telephone service. The Internet service was intermittent at best. The telephone went out when I needed it most. The last two months, the internet was usually non-existent.
-Technical Support is fraudulent and useless: they refuse to direct me to mac support; enforce beginners troubleshooting even though everything has been tried many times; transfer to someone else who can’t help so you have to start over again; claim “that department is closed” to get rid of you for the day; put you on hold and either hang up or never come back.

-When I try to cancel my account (stop paying for non-service) customer service refuses to cooperate: claim they can’t cancel; try to talk me out of it; refuse to transfer to a manager or supervisor or transfer to a person who claims to be a supervisor but can’t do anything at all; transfer to anyone else just to get rid of you; threaten absurd cancellation fees; put you on terminal hold. Earthlink alternates between threatening a $150 for canceling a service that they do not provide and refusing to cancel my non-service contract. I was forced to cancel my credit card and ask Comcast to take the telephone line. I have tried to cancel my service for about 3 months. The last attempt was 2/4/2008. I am writing a formal cancellation/complaint letter to 16 Earthlink officials on 2/14/2008.

1. Cancel Account.
2. Please send confirmation number.
3. Send Earthlink supplied return shipping address to return equipment.
4. Do not charge cancellation fees. (Earthlink broke contract by not providing service.)