Earthlink / Being sued by Earthlink for a bill that is not owed!

I am being sued by Earthlink for a bill that is not owed! I had Earthlink internet and the service was awesome, so I decided to get Earthlink cellular service.I got the family plan of three phone's.I had thirty day's to cancel service and not be liable for the two year contract.I only activated two of the phone's and sent them back to Earthlink via UPS because they did not work. In my living room, it was roaming!After numerous week's of calls to the company, I thought the issue was resolved.Was I wrong!I am being sued for $297.15 for thirty day's worth of "taxe's"!In addition, even though I had the internet disconnected 5 mont's ago, they are still taking it out of the account!Every time I call Earthlink, there is a different reason that I owe $297.15!!!I do not know what to do.

Love, Joshie

Jo

Comments

23rd of Jul, 2008

I signed up in February to use Earthlink dial-up service, and I was promised a six month promo monthly fee of $9.95. I use the service to provide an internet test to some students I tutor, and I used it twice in February and again twice in May. I paid the $9.95 fee on time every month. But Earthlink started sending me bills for $11.95, charging me a dollar for mailing their bill, and another dollar for not signing up for payment on the internet. I sent them a letter saying I did not owe them the two extra dollar additional monthly charge because I did not not want to pay my bill on the internet, and if they chose to bill me by mail, it was their choice. I also contacted them on their website and let them know that I was promised a promo rate of $9.95 a month. On those calls I was again assured that I did have that rate and they understood that I did not choose to pay on the internet and that I had no intention of paying them $1 to bill me every month. I quit Earthlink on May 26, and I paid them for the time that month I had used their service, from the 5/17 to 5/26. They have now referred a bill for $11.66 to a collection agency. Can anyone tell me how spread this complaint against Earthlink. I will never use their service again, and will tell others not to use their service.