Earthlink / Billing problems!

I paid July, earthlink internet bill on july 26th. Earthlink received and deposited to there bank on August 7th. The due date of the bill was August 8th.

Earthlink has contacted me by mail and internet interruptions stating this bill is past due. Ive contacted them five times trying to resolve this issue. They apologize for the problem then state it will be taken care of. Its now three weeks later and I still receive mail stating the payment has not been received and continue to have my internet disrupted.

What can I do, where do I go from here with this issue? Advise smb!

Jo

Comments

• Ju
      6th of Sep, 2007

I switched from Road Runner cable Internet service to Earthlink cable Internet service only because they offer to me a promotional 6 months of $29.95 per month. Two months after they promise me to start the new Eartlink service and after several phone calls and coordinate by my self Earthlink and his Internet provider (Comcast): theree way phone call finally I got Earthlink.

For my first two months so far I was charged for the full price instead of promotional price and now Earthlink said two different histories deppending of the person you are talking:

1)Since Comcast is our Internet provider with do not have control over what you pay even you are billed by Comcast.
    2)I promise you to fix this problem for you. We will contact Comcast.
    Talking with Comcast they explained and confirmed to me it is imposible to honor the $29.95 from Earthlink. If this will happen customers from Comcast will move over Earthlink because the price.Currently Comcast does not have that cheap rate even for new customers.

How Earthlink can offer some they can not honor? Is there some easy legal instance to complaint? How a huge company like Earthlink with thounsands of complaints can survive this long? My advice: stay away from Earthlink. Customer service is limited to live chat and telephone. There is not email neither physical address except for cancellation service. The live chat is useless: the guys are nice but they never fix anything at the end you are encouraged to call Earthlink. If you call 90% of your attempts will ask you to contact live chat because they are so busy. If you are lucky and you are in the 10% you are going to spend at least one hour to speak to a live person most of the time with very reduced English skills.

26th of Nov, 2007
    Earthlink - billing problems
    Earthlink
    Florida
    Phone: 321-403-1447

When I changed from dail up to cable high speed, I had a 12.51 credit. I tried to get put back on my card but with no luck. Then in Oct 07 Earthlink make a" payment adjustment" and took my 12.51. After 2 hours on phone in Oct,07 they agreed to send me a check in 10 days. Guess what? No check. Calling them for hours, chatting for long time. No results, They nullifed my account so I could not get the money. It is not the 12.51 but they did it. That is faud. but since is so small no one cares. But if they did it to me, they are doing it to others
    Anyone with suggestions