[Resolved] E-Dreams / tried to keep payment for cancellable flight

Foster City, CA, United States Review updated:

Before I booked a flight through E-Dreams (two people, $2800) from San Francisco to London I confirmed via the airline's website that the ticket could be cancelled with full refund within the first 24 hours. As it turned out, I did find a better alternative and contacted E-Dreams to cancel within the required time frame. Although the E-Dreams website said the carrier's policy would prevail, the argumentative customer service rep insisted that we would not get our $2800 back if we chose to cancel. Eventually, he hung up on me, and several attempts to call back went unanswered as they could see my phone number. I was forced to submit a dispute to my credit card company using documentation from the airline and E-Dreams' own website. The dispute was settled in my favor. Do NOT under any circumstances use these people for anything!

• Resolution statement

• eDreams_en.'s Response, Dec 01, 2014

Dear Antonio,

We regret to hear all the difficulties you have gone through concerning the schedule change of your flights. We also apologise for the inconveniences when trying to contact us by phone.

We'd love to treat your case in priority and, for that purpose, we'd need to know your booking reference and email address. You can either let us know this information by replying this message or by filling the following form:

www.edreams.com/engine/call_center/eptica/?isTrustPilotUser=true&supportTab=contact

Once we receive your message, we'll contact you shortly.

Best regards,

Frank - eDreams Customer Care Team

• eDreams_en.'s Response, Jan 15, 2015

Dear F Gorman,

Can you let us know your booking reference or your email address to check how this incidence was handled?

Thanks in advance,
    Frank - eDreams Customer Care

• eDreams_en.'s Response, Jan 16, 2015

Dear F Gorman,

With your booking reference we will contact you from a private email. Depending on the nature of your query, one agent or another will handle your case.

Regards,
    Frank - eDreams Customer Care Team

Fg
Jan 14, 2015

Comments

• Fe
      11th of Feb, 2013
    E-Dreams - double charged ticket
    e-Dreams
    Spain
    e-Dreams.com

Feb. 11, 2017
    Another e-Dreams nightmare !
    REF. NO. : 26EH39 on October 29, 2017
    I purchased a flight ticket through e-Dreams for my son Ferran Carreras Ramos worth US. $ 1, 775.76 with my Visa debit card checking account.
    I did not realized that it was double charged until several cheques that I wrote to pay my house rent, my car payment, etc. bounced back affecting my credit report, secret security clearance and my job.
    After countless phone calls at my own expense and speaking with countless people like Nico Bour, Maria Curro, Pierre Perez, Xavier Pladelorens, José Josep Bernat, Mauricio Prieto, Alejandro, Frances Del Valle, Annette, Miguel Gómez at e-Dreams, each of which has told me different stories.
    I even sent them a copy of my bank charges that proves that they charged my credit card Visa debit today Feb. 11, 2017 and I’m still waiting for the mysterious refund of the money.
    How can these people get away with this?
    I am beside myself with rage with them and feel powerless. It’s disgusting !
    Any advice ?
    Besides, don’t use them again. Thanks.
    Fernando Carreras
    [protected]@yahoo.com

25th of Nov, 2014
    E-Dreams - schedule change flight cancellation
    Faro
    Portugal
    Phone: 351 962013772

To whom it may concern,

I want to express my complete disatisfaction with your service.

I bought these 2 tickets with you and my wife redeemed your TAP Victoria points with TAP for the same itinerary.
    TAP called my wife yesterday for a schedule change on the first flight out on the 11th of December FAOLIS as they canceled the flight.
    Since we have 2 tickets, they asked us to call you to make the changes and then did they would change theirs as we need to travel as a family.

I called today your call centre and the agent who answered didn't even know there was a change.
    First she didn't beleive me and since I insisted she finally veified and agreed that TAP had no more flight on that day and that time 21st flight out".
    I told her that I could go on the same flights 1 day earlier "10th of December" and she cliams that her computer didn't give her those flights.
    When I checked there was a flight available as I use to work for Air Canada and told her I needed to be protected.

To make a long story short, Im still waiting for confirmation of protection and feel you are giving really poor service.

On top of that your duty was to call the client and advice, however I had to call and advice you.

On top of that, you have a number whereby I have to PAY to talk to you and was kept on hold forever.

• Fg
      15th of Jan, 2015

This appears to be a public blog. Provide me with your email address, and I will privately send you the letter I sent to my credit card company.

• Fg
      16th of Jan, 2015

I don't understand your offer. This dispute was settled in my favor last year. I don't need to further communicate with anyone about this unless it's about following your own published policies.