Duracell / leaking batteries
I want to warn everyone to stay away form Duracell batteries. I have been using Duracell batteries for years and in the past I have been very pleased with the batteries, but not anymore. We have been buying our batteries form Costco and recently I went to start my annual changing of the batteries in various devices and lo and behold I found leaking Duracell batteries not just one and not just in one appliance, but multiples in a variety of different devices. I found the following:
1. Two leaking double AA batteries in a Force FX collector’s edition Light Saber, not easily replaceable. It took me two hours to cleanup the mess it made
2. Two leaking AA batteries in a $ 300.00 R/C car, (for the servos). Fortunately, these were in a battery holder and did no damage to the car itself – time to clean up the mess 30 minutes
3. Two AA batteries in another car remote control, time to clean and repair 2 hours
4. Four leaking AAA batteries in a Minolta SLR camera – time to clean up and repair 2.5 hours.
5. Two leaking AA batteries in a TV remote control, I had to buy a new one of these, (thanks P&G)
6. Three leaking AAA batteries in an X10 remote light controller, it had to go to that great electronic round file in the sky, (again thanks P&G).
I’m still not done. I am going through the house checking everything that takes a battery wall clocks, alarm clock etc.
Cost in my time far 6 hours, (so far) plus the cost of having to replace two pieces of equipment that were total losses and that fact that the other things I was able to cleanup and repair are no longer in the pristine condition I’ve always tried to keep them in. Further, all these batteries were within their acceptable use dates and what’s more other brand batteries that were installed in similar devices at the same time are fine.
Proctor & Gamble huh? gamble is right, they have apparently tried to save money by going with a cheaper manufacturer and it shows.
Not only have they lost a long time customer, but I will be posting this to every complaint board I can find and warning all my friends to stay away from Duracell batteries and will be returning what batteries I have left to Costco if they will take them back.
P&G you are a classic case of penny wise and pound foolish.
Does anybody know of a class action lawsuit in respects to quality issues/leaking problems with Duracell batteries I can join?
BTW the photo shows only some of the bad batteries, I should have kept them all and took picture of them plus the damaged devices before I cleaned/repaired and/or threw them away.
OMG I’m ANGRY!!!
A FORMER Duracell customer
More Duracell Complaints & Reviews
- Duracell - leaking 
- Duracell Procter & Gamble - batteries leaked 
- Procter & Gamble / Swiffer Wetjet - I am very disappointed with this inferior product and the money I have wasted 
- Pampers - straps that's breaking & gel 
- Duracell - duracell ballery leakage 
- Procter & Gamble Company - cascade complete 2.56lb tub
- Procter & Gamble Company - flash multisurface concentrate
- Procter & Gamble Company - your ad on toxic masculinity
- Procter & Gamble Company - charmin strong mega rolls deformity
- Procter & Gamble Company - toxic masculinity commercial