Duke Energy / power bill
Since the day I moved into my new place with my son I've caught nothing but grief from Duke Energy. They are determined to charge me the balance that the previous tenant owed when they moved out. I had to send a notorized lease stating that I was the new tenant before I could get service started. I paid the deposit, they put in a new meter, then I received 3 bills in 1 month. Each of these bills increased the amount by $200. I called and they want me to pay over $400 of the previous tenants bill or they are threatening to turn off my power. I've offered to pay the amount from the time that MY meter was installed on more than. One occasion and they insist that I pay my bill and the previous tenants bill or they will turn off my power. I sent the money for 2 months online tonight because I get nowhere on the phone. I cannot be held responsible for the previous tenants, I can barely pay my own bills much less everyone elses.
More Duke Energy Complaints & Reviews
- Progress Energy - Terrible customer service 
- Progress Energy - HIGH BILL AND EXCESSIVE FEES 
- Duke Energy - reconnection times 
- Progress Energy - ADDITIONAL DEPOSITS 
- Duke Energy - power pole price to move 
- Duke Energy - I am complaining about my excessive billing on my Even Billing Adjustment invoice...
- Duke Energy - Bill incorrect
- Duke Energy - home
- Duke Energy - digital meter/billing
- Duke Energy - lights