Dubai Airport / Emirates Airlines / poor customer service

I had a flight on the Nov 3th 07 from Dubai to New york jfk in Emirate airline. i had the worst customer service. a supervisor name Ghulam who worked that night at the luggage and checking passports was very unpleasant, very mean and unhelpful. He treated me like nothing. I was disappointed from Emirate airline. He charged 159$ extra for my wife's luggage which i had to check them in, because Dubai airport had new law for the luggage transfer. I explain to Ghulam to help and understand the situation but he did not care so he charged me which i think it was not a right charged.

Comments

• Ge
      17th of Nov, 2007

I agree with you. Emrites Airline is the worst airline that I have ever experienced. The last trip my wife took from Baharian to Dubai was a nightmare. Due to traffic holdup, we got to the airport 35 minutes before flight departure and the Emirates counter was already closed!! There was an Arabic looking agent in the counter and he refused to let us in and was very rude. What a jerk! We end up paying 200+USD to get on another flight. I will never fly that airline again.

• Ri
      24th of Nov, 2008

the dubai immigration staff is the worst you will get ever in your life, i have been there twice this year and they have given me nothing but hassale for no reason. Rude and arrogant. My wife who is now pregnant was told that her dubai visa has been cancelled at the airport was left crying and ill without any attention whatsoever. she recently went there to see her parents and she had to buy a visit visa with a hotel which they say is the procedure to buy a hotel with the visa which costed her like 180 pounds and on top had to pay for ticket to be changed from 3 weeks to 3 days which costed her extra 100 gbp and after all the changes were made when the original visa was scanned again it turned out to be fine but at this time after 4 hours of mental torture she was drained out and devistated and was too tired to argue with the staff. who is going to pay for what my wife has gone through and who is going to pay for the nearing 300 pounds?

• Po
      30th of Jan, 2009

Departure gates close 20 mins before departure to allow for offloading of those passengers who do not show up. checkin in closes 40 mins before ...so despite your efforts you were STILL late. so you woukd expect an airline to delay a flight and maybe jepordise further connections to other destinations ...im sure if ones of those passengers was you ..you wouldnt be happy. an airline has to make the majority happy.

• Af
      11th of Mar, 2009

I agree dubai customs are the worst ever. Its my first visit to dubai and im 22 i went with my brother and two sisters i was wearing my hoody jeans any a t-shirt with my new trainers in other words i looked like a drug delaer or someone who is up to no good well thats what dubai customs thought i felt so intimitated as i am no were near the sort. As i arrived in dubai with my brother and sisters the customs checked our passport and gave me a awkerd look the officer pointed to his mate and said him with the hoody take him with you, i asked what for he ignored me and i was led of to a room and my family were left at the baggage collection area as i was sat in the room mthe man asked me to empty my pockets i had my cigarretes and my passport on me, he looked at my cigarettess and asked if ive ever smoked weed or marijuana i was shocked and said what gave you that idea he said because you smoke now that really got me angry. The officer then asked me to strip off so therefore a strip searched can be carried out. Once this was done i felt ashamed that my privacy has been taken away from me. once this was complete i met my family and we colletced or baggage and headed for the door but i got stopped again not my family just me was it my appearance?? The man asked me in a rude manner " GIVE ME YOUR PASSPORT " he than asked me which one is your bag i pointed this to him he than scanned my bag through the screen once this was done he passed the bag to a lady in customs who was sooo rude it was unbearable. She checked all of my items one by one as she was checking this she started to smell my clothes then laugh to her mate and said something in arabic i could tell she was laughing at my clothes, she then asked me "did you wash your clothes" i was like beg your pardon then she said "you heard" ... Now that is rude after checking everything they made us wait for about 30 mins more then eventually they let us go but still gave us funny looks. This has been my worst trip ever its more like hell on earth i wish i could procced this further but its like they dont exist.