DriveTime / my transmission went out under 100,000 miles

1 Monroe, NC, United States Review updated:

My mom went to drive time because she doesnt have the best credit and got a car from drivetime. She paid her biweekly payments for a 03 Ford taurus on time for almost 2years. I took the car to get new tires put on they told me that my alignment wouldnt be completely straight because my car had been wrecked before. So i told my mom and she said they showed her "carfax" saying that it was never in a wreck! So i was kind of confused then a couple monthes ago my transmission went out and i only had 80, 000 miles on the car. Well i couldnt afford to get the trans fixed so i notified drive time that they could pick it up where i had it towed. They told us that they would try to help us get it fixed and would have the owner call. Well he called only to try to make my mom look like a fool and told her she still owed 9700 which the car wasnt even that high when she bought the damn thing! and told her that there was nothing they could do. After a week after telling him to go get it everyday they call my moms house and her work trying to talk to management trying to garnish 25% of her paycheck and threatining her and she told them they could not call her place of business which they have been doing for almost 3 weeks now! They are ridiculous i know my mom doesnt have good credit but they just take advantage of you!

Comments

• Li
      21st of Jan, 2010

PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS COMPLAINT AND STAY AWAY FROM DRIVE TIME!! They are only out for themselves and not the consumer. They will call and harass you, your family and friends constantly even if you are ONE day late. They are like finance company MAFIA!