Dri Spyhunter / unauthorized charge on my credit card

1 MN, United States Review updated:
Phone: 952-646-5288

BEWARE - An unauthorized charge appeared on my Capital One Mastercard account for $29.99. When I called I was transferred to an overseas call center and harassed. The customer service representative insisted that I provide my email address (which I refused). When I requested a supervisor, she placed me on HOLD for a long time with LOUD classical music blaring. The guy that got on the phone was clearly not a supervisor and hung up on me. On the third call I reached a person who told me that I ordered computer virus protection - curious since I only use Norton Anitvirus products. WHAT A NIGHTMARE! I ended up disputing the charge with my credit card company.

Comments

• Ri
      12th of Aug, 2008
    Dri Spyhunter - Charge but now download
    Belgium

THOUGHT I WAS ORDERING SPY HUNTER TO PROTECK MY COMPUTER BUT I NEVER GOT IT. I DOWNLOADED IT BUT ALL I GOT WAS A CHARGE FOR 36.29 euro ON MY BANK STATEMENT. I ALSO CALLED THE PHONE NUMBER BUT GOT NO ANSWER. IS THERE ANYWAY I CAN GET MY MONEY BACK?

• Al
      19th of Jan, 2009
    Dri Spyhunter - Unauthorized charges
    Lensen
    Belgium

You charged me - and that without my permission- on the 25/12/2008 with the amount of € 72.53 for what ...

I already made a complain ar Mastercard B C C for that

I want that amount of money back within 2 weeks or I will start up an inquiry by justice

• Me
      4th of Feb, 2009
    Dri Spyhunter - unautorized charge to credit card
    engima software (spyhunter)
    Connecticut

charge credit card without asking ( i payed 31.86 in june 2008 and it was for a years service and they hit me again in january 2009

• Da
      16th of Feb, 2009
    Dri Spyhunter - unauthorised charge of account
    Darren Coulthard
    newcastle
    England, Tyne and Wear
    United Kingdom

I would like to complain about the unauthorised charging of my account when you have no right so could you please give me my money back thankyou...

• Sc
      21st of Sep, 2009
    Dri Spyhunter - Unauthorized credit card charge
    DRI SPYHUNTER

I purchased this for one year only and am very dissapointed with their product. I have received no notice of any kind from them and they have charged my account again. My credit card company has been notified and a dispute is in action. They will be blocked from every using my card again.

• Wo
      29th of Oct, 2009

I was given a notice that SpyHunter was about to charge me $29.99, taken from my debit card, but did not. This is only six months since I bought the software, for which I spent $30 back in the Spring. I did not actively authorize the $29.99 charge, and this charge incurred a $29 ISF fee from the bank because I did not have a way to contact them to stop the charge. I can see $30 a year for a subscripton to fight viruses, but $60 a year is a bit much. They should not have charged me a second time in 6 months! I want my $29.99 back, plus reimbursement for the $39 ISF charge!

• Ga
      2nd of Mar, 2010

I have been billed $34.98 AUS using my old credit card number on the 29th JAn 2010. I have not renewed spyhunter and I have not authorised for this amount to be deducted. The number used doesn't exist anymore, I have a new number. Please credit this amount . I have reported it to Citibank

• Ti
      9th of Mar, 2010

I have been charged without authorisation for the second time in 6 months how do I go about getting my money back?

• Se
      11th of May, 2011

I have also receieved such an unauthorized billing to the amount of $42.39 to my aol address
    I made a phone call to the number listed and was put through to the Phillipines and had a person who could hardly speak English and was unable to optain any details as to what the service is and how it was authorized.
    I will request my Credit Card company to deny any payments as I request it under the Michigan Banking Laws

• Se
      11th of May, 2011

Further to the above.
    There is not a time limit under Michigan law when denial can be applied.
    I know this from sad experiences I encountered when in business as I had charges denied that were over 2 years old.
    My Bank had to honor the denial and i had to sue in order to recover my losses

• Ti
      4th of Sep, 2011
    Dri Spyhunter - unathorized charge on creditcard
    enigma software

I bought in februari via internet SPYhunter because I was having some problems
    they charged me 71 euro
    after 6 mounths they charged me 35 euro via ctreditcard
    without any permission

• Ca
      24th of Jan, 2014

In January 20th, 2014 an unauthorized charge of US$43.91 appeared in my Capital One Master Card. I never ordered anything for this amount. About 2 years ago I purchased a small program valued at $ 11.99, and that was it. Now this people come out of the blue with this fraudulent charge. I called, but nobody answered the phone the first time. The second time someone answered and then he said somebody would fix this matter, then he put me on hold forever. I am overseas until March 31/2014. It's very difficult for me to follow up this matter from Nicaragua, where I am staying for the time being. I will be back in Canada April 1st, 2014. I already have started a claim with my Credit Card company (Capital One). Thank you for your support. Copy of this email has been sent to CAPITAL ONE (MASTER CARD Canada division) Carlos Guido, Laval, Canada H7H 3V9

1st of Sep, 2014

Dear sir.
    I never got any of yor products and you have been charge na amount of 36.00 euros in my credit card.
    Please give na answer.
    Thank you ever so much.
    Noel bandeira Pinto da Cunha

1st of Sep, 2014

i Did not buy any of your products and you have been charge me 36 euro via credicard without any permisson
    Noel cunha

• Pe
      4th of Jan, 2015

The same at me- € 34, 24. I bought it a year ago online for only one year.. My PC shop deleted it, cause malware comes up with the programm. On 19th dec. Dri Spyhunter take the money from my mastercard. I can´t get the money back!

• Je
      20th of Mar, 2015

I dont have this dri spyhonter on my PC.I just see the charge on my master card
    2015/03/18...Inever ask to buy thi .I never donwloded it.
    I want a credit on my master card .This is a bad compeni

i want

• Re
      25th of Apr, 2015

omment avez-vous pu me prélever 2 fois pour le même fichier le même jour sans me demander mon avis :
    Copie de mon relevé de Mastercard :

10/04 Dri Spyhunter - 35, 99
    10/04 Dri Spyhunter - 35, 99
    Je vous serais gré de me fournir les factures correspondantes à ces soi disant achats ? et je n'ai pas de trace mail

En plus votre fichier est gratuit
    Cela s’appelle de l’escroquerie
    C’est vous qui êtes des espions et surtout des voleurs.

Mr François RENARDET
    69 bis ave JJRousseau
    78420 CARRIERES SUR SEINE

• Li
      1st of Jun, 2015

I did not purchase anything from this vendor. Have a dispute with Chase against this vendor. I had my card canceled and reissued under a new number to avoid any further fraudulent charges from this company.

• Il
      25th of Jul, 2015

2 weeks ago i come in california ( fremont ) for business, and when i arrive i see that : on my credit card 2 payment, 35.59 eur +36.59 eur at "dri spyhunter", total payment is 73, 18 eur .
    exact date of payment is 03/07/2015 at 00.00,
    my MasterCard code finals are ****-****-****-3118 .
    please retun me the complete credit and answer at my request, if i have no news in this week i give this practice at my lawyers. if you need more details please ask me .
    sincerly.
    Dr, Mr Barzani Luca
    my mail is [protected]@gmail.com or legalmail certified at [protected]@pecimprese.it
    in attached the scan of my banking report, evidenced the two payment

• Su
      13th of Oct, 2015

I filed a complaint re:DRI*SPYHUNTER for another recent charge (DRI = Digital River, Inc, 10380 Bren Rd W, Minnetonka, MN 55343) --- also with Enigma SW Group USA, LLC, 2803 Gulf to Bay Blvd, Clearwater, FL 33759. I have now filed a dispute with my credit card co. It sure seems there are folks from all over the world who complain about the charges this company/merchant hits you with unawares. It took some digging to realize DRI was Digital River, Inc. Good luck everyone I thought I had cancelled this last Apr and yet here we are again.