Dr. Ron's Animal Hospital / Rude staff

After being billed for an appointment I did not miss and having my bill immediately sent to a collection agency, I proceeded to file complaints with the Better Business Bureau and the District Attorney. Dr. Ron's office sent TWO different letters in the same envelope to the D.A. The first letter was full of false allegations, the second letter removed the allegations. Dr. Ron's closing statement sums it all up:

"If possible it would be best to charge her some fee either to you or to us for our additional time dealing with this to help send a message to stop behavior of people who feel if they complain enough they will get their way."

Apparently Dr. Ron thinks you should be fined for complaining about his poor service and shoddy business practices.

The guy is a jerk, his staff is rude, and he has shady billing practices. Do yourself a favor, pay a little more and go to a REPUTABLE vet because this guy is NOT!

Be

Comments

• Ps
      12th of Sep, 2009

Dr Ron's is horrible. I take 6 animals to them and my cat got sick and had a fever of 104 and blisters in her mouth and tongue. $565 later they said she had a stone in her bladder and needed surgery. They sent me home with a deathly sick cat that needed over night care, but they don't keep animals over nigh. I call the next morning to talk over options and the Dr Ron is off and he would not call me and they said the Doctor on staff that day was to busy. I tell them that I didn't have the money and needed help financially. (This cat has food allergies and can’t eat anything else but special food.) Since I didn't have the money for the surgery the nurse told me that I can try changing her food. Ya right she has blisters all in her mouth and cat eat or drink. When I make the decision to put her to sleep because they said she would have heart issues after and the stones would come back if the food is not changed. They questioned my decision several times and made me feel like I was doing the wrong thing. ALL they wanted was my MONEY!!! They had the nerve to charge me for dehydrating her for the day ($54) and $150 to put her to sleep. All they could talk about is when I am going to pay. THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT ANIMALS just MONEY!!! All said and done I spent almost $800 and now I have a dead cat.

• La
      24th of Sep, 2009

We love Dr Rons - We are shocked by this review. They are great with our animals!

The Dobbs Family

• Jr
      28th of Sep, 2009

You know- The best thing about the internet is also the worst thing. Anyone can vent/spew with little, if any repercussions. P.spensieri had a problem with Dr. Ron's., that much is obvious. But I'll be darned if it all makes complete sense. It reminds me of Judge Judy saying, if it doesn't make sense, it is probably not true. IF the above story was explained better, we, the readers could understand the problem more. BUT, as I said, I don't think we are getting the full story. MY full story is I have know Dr. Ron for fourteen years and have taken ALL our animals to him and have found him and his staff to be professional and put the welfare of our animals first and even explaining various methods/ options in order to try and contain costs if something was expensive ( not that our pets don't deserve the best). And believe me, Dr Ron. or no Dr Ron. our pets are family and if he wasn't up to the task, we would take our business elsewhere-it is just too important!!!
    I respectfully submit that he is a VERY good vet and an asset to Simi Valley
    The Roesch Family