Dollar Tree / sales associates ebony

1 Chicago, IllinoisChicago, United States Review updated:

I was in your store On Dec 12th 2017, brought 48 dollars in items and because I had my own bags the associate refused to bag my items. I find that to be unfounded for the paying Customer, l would like to know if this is part of your policy I can spend my hard Earned money somewhere else.Also l will post on face book, Twitter and Snapchat about this unfair Experience I at store 8528 so Ashland Ave in Chicago I'll 60620 store 6219.please correct this issue so that no one else has to deal with this issue again.thank you heartbroken and confused. The store manager told the young lady that she could not refuse to bag my items and Ebony started that if the bag was not from dollar tree she was not going to do it.

• Updated by Margaret Mickiel, Dec 07, 2017

Your right thank you for your response, I don’t work there and after today won’t shop there any more hope other will do the same and store will go out of business you Ignorant fool.

Ma
Dec 7, 2017

Comments

7th of Dec, 2017

ALso I bet Ebony's father does things to her and that is why she refused to bag my items. But just because her father molests her does not mean she should not bag my items.

8th of Dec, 2017

Not at the Dollar tree but at many other stores, I have seen signs posted that the cashiers do NOT bag items when customers bring in their own.

• Su
      8th of Dec, 2017

Michelle, remember the woman or man who posted something nearly identical to this a while back? Black eye, abused Mom, beat kids, store employees were wrong? You had a different nickname then. You and I posted and they said they’d call the police!

If you bring your own bags, why take theirs? Bag your purchases yourself; it isn’t a craniotomy. Bags cost money and at a buck each item, they’re not making big bucks on sales. You’re lucky they don’t charge for bags

• Sh
      3rd of May, 2018

@SubSquirrel Sorry i prefer when the people bring their own bags! first of all they are more sturdy than ours. Not a very good employee i would think. I think it would of been less time for her to just bag the groceries and not to argue with the customer...Think before you respond like that to a paying customer, they pay our wages;

• Po
      11th of Dec, 2017

Most companies do not require associates to put groceries into bags that are brought from the home. The bags are your personal property and if damage was done to them then they could be held liable. It is fair to expect a customer to put away their own items if they are using their own bags.

3rd of Jun, 2018

@pobarjenkins absolutely no i don't agree on that, we are customer service. What difference does it make if we use ours or theirs, it takes longer to argue about the situation than it does just to bag them. Its only a big deal if you make it a big deal

• Sh
      5th of Apr, 2018

f a customer brings in their own bags i use them. Some companies are charging a fee for each bag they use, just remember the customer is always right and it take less stress out of you if you just do what they want and then.. Thank you

3rd of Jun, 2018

just do your job and be glad that you have one