Dollar Rent A Car — ldw scam
I was quoted about $400 for a two week rental. After verbally denying insurance 3 or 4 times, I was asked to initial. Lo and behold, they signed me up for insurance. On the contract it was listed as LDW, or loss-damage-waiver; hidden in plain site.
In the end I was charged $340+ for this LDW, which I had declined outright. When trying to work with Dollar for a credit, they refused to budge and refund my money because I initialed the "LDW" option.
Check out my full review here: http://www.alexbr.com/wblog/?p=77
Stay away. Dollar is a bunch of scammers and thieves, no better than your average sidewalk conman. I would even say they are worse because they hide under the guise of a "legitimate" business.
More Dollar Rent A Car Complaints & Reviews
- Dollar Rent A Car - fraudulent unethical toll charges 
- Dollar Rent A Car - tricked into extra charges 
- Dollar Rent A Car - car rental extras 
- Dollar Rent A Car - horrible customer treatment 
- Dollar Rent A Car - damage claim
- Dollar Rent A Car - coupons promised after poor service but none received
- Dollar Rent A Car - overcharged 
- Dollar Rent A Car - unethical / business practices 
- Dollar Rent A Car - was charged $431.84 for car ins. I did not require 
- Dollar Rent A Car - agregious fees