Dollar Rent A Car / horrible customer treatment

1 Costa Rica Review updated:

I rented a car in Costa Rica for 11 days from Dec 25, 2007 to Jan 05, 2008. When I returned the car to the San Jose airport location, the Dollar representative coerced me into paying $20 for cleaning of the car (which was only a little dusty), and tried to overcharge me by $200. His behavior was appalling. Since I was so angered by his attempts at cheating me, he ended up overcharging me by only $80, which I have submitted to Dollar for a refund. This is a horrible way to treat Dollar's customers, and leaves a very bad feeling upon leaving Costa Rica after a vacation.

Va

Comments

• Ri
      23rd of Jul, 2008

Although it seems to vary with the counter person, my frustration is that the price on the internet, and the price they want to charge is entirely differently... then they add an Airport fee even if you do not have airport service.

Every time I have rented from Dollar it has been a hassle. I will pay more, and rent from National or other companies... in the future.

• Su
      3rd of Aug, 2009

i rented a vehicle from dollar from May 20-27, 2009. The air did not work on the car, the GPS broke and i was told when i called the location a couple of months before hand that they would let me use my CDW insurance thru my credit card if i could show proof. which i did but they refused to look at it and made me sign up for at their location. THey would not take me back to the airport, i was 10 miles from no where. THis is one of the worst car rental companies in the entire country. When i called to complain back in the US to the corporate office of Dollar, i talked with a very rude man, who could care less. I told them i agreed i owed some money for the car, but not the $432 they were charging me. So far i am into my third month complaining and no one will listen to me. DOLLAR RENTAL CAR COASTA RICA IS A RIP OFF!

• Sy
      28th of Aug, 2018
    Dollar Rent A Car - No refund of Security Deposit: Agreement No. DA3S84059
    United Arab Emirates

I hired a car with Agreement No. DA3S84059 Location Dubai Airport Terminal 3 on the name of Nawaf Saleh M Al Marbae and made payment for Security deposit on 16/01/2018, Still the amount had not yet returned to my credit card. Kindly refund as soon as possible.

• Je
      5th of Sep, 2018
    Dollar Rent A Car - over charges in credit card
    Houston
    Texas

I rent a car and after retuned the charge me $300.00 the say for smoking I am not smoke when I spoke with costumer service very bad and not respect you I asked for supervisor she told me no supervisor in this company