Dollar General / manager/ harassment

1 Frederic, WI, United States Review updated:

I have been harassed by my store manager since I started working at the frederic store (11710) . He has made working completely miserable, he's a bully that constantly criticises my work, and spreads false rumors about me to coworkers and customers. He threatens my job, answers as long as he's store manager I will never advance in my career. And when I complained to my DM Brad Bowers about what was taking place, he took the side of the store manager Randy and basically called me a liar, saying I misinterpreted the situation, and yet the store manager still retaliated, by giving me less hours and treating me worse than he was. For a company that swears to have a zero tolerance policy against harassment, and retaliation, being the current victim, I have to laugh. Nothing has been done and I have never seen such a sicker sight of victim blaming and "men sticking together". Especially since there are witnesses and more victims. And if you were wondering, its all the women of the store, which is discrimination.

Ka
Sep 5, 2018

Comments

5th of Sep, 2018
    Best Best Advice +5 Votes

You won't have to worry about your working conditions much longer, once someone from corporate see this, you'll be out of a job.

• Th
      18th of Sep, 2018

Rest assured this problem will take care of itself. Rarely does a district manager last more than 6 months with the company and the store managers dollar general life expectancy is even shorter. Stick it out, you will see changes in the near future.