Dollar General / inoperative debit card machine

Tried three times to pay with a debit card. Refused card contendin I had no balance. I had a balance of over $3500.00.

Comments

• Po
      20th of Nov, 2010

I am pretty sure the problem was still on your end. When credit card systems are not working, they display different messages than the typical "declined." Do you have a daily limit, perhaps?

• Ra
      26th of Dec, 2010

It very well could have been the DG machines. Our machines are junk, and we have daily issues. I spend about an hour a day on the phone with ERC trying to fix all of our computer issues. They never send anyone physically to the store. They just make us shut the machines down while they send new updates. I'm sorry, but these updates are obviously not helping. The computer have to be from the early nineties, first off. They can't handle all of the updates and ADs that get sent to them.. the computer constantly freeze in the middle of transactions, the other day the EBT Food option conpletely disappeared from our pinpads.

I don't disagree with you that it could have been our machines, but you have to understand that it isn't our fault. We, at least my team, does what we can to fix the problems on a daily basis, but nothing ever gets done, because DG is far too cheap to actually put forth the money to take care of the problem.

• Al
      22nd of May, 2013

In addition to the comment saying that the equipment is junk, the equipment also tends to have two or three generic messages it gives for why it won't take a card. And there have been several times that it was on the bank's end. You would cry if you knew how often banks cover up hacking incidents and computer glitches.