Disney Movie Club / unable to canel membership/debit of my checking acct. without auth.

1 WI, United States Review updated:

Please see previous complaints. Disney makes it impossible to contact them and impossible to cancel your membership.

Comments

• 18
      4th of Mar, 2009

It's not impossible to cancel your membership. All you have to do is fulfill your agreement with them and call and say you want to cancel. If you don't then that is your fault, not theirs.

7th of Apr, 2009

I had ordered the love bug set, @ 34.99?? that's why I ordered it. I'm sending back beacause you over charged me. NOW PLEASE TAKE ME OFF OF YOUR LIST, I CAN'T OFFERED THIS... THANKS JANET

• Hl
      12th of May, 2009

i don't mind my disney club membership but they are sending me movies and charging my card every week or two and without even letting me know it's going to happen! i can't figure out how to contact them to stop it! help!!

• Lo
      17th of Jul, 2009

Here are some steps to take- pass them along!
    1. Send a complaint to the State agency that handles these complaints- Attorney General, etc. Send a copy of your complaint form to DMC as well, with a letter that you are attempting to resolve the situation and cancle the membership- cite the decpetiveness and misleading information, and the contact issues. Send these letters with confirmation of delivery from the USPS. THIS CONFIRMATION IS VERY IMPORTANT! This next step is the most important: DEMAND A COPY OF YOUR AGREEMENT. It must be in writing or dictated written form. The dictiation MUST be by a legally authorized individual (ie: court reporter) for the tape to be used as evidence.
    2. Call the bank and tell them of the issue; ask to get a different card. If DMC does not have your information, then you cannot be charged. IF they attempt to push the charge by using the new card, then they are commiting larceny or theft and fraud. BE AWARE- your bank cards are usually only 4 numbers different, and a simple 40 line program can be made to scan through the number series in less than 30 seconds when trying to commit fraud.
    3. Follow through with your complaints. This means documenting everything.
    4. You will get a 'bad credit' letter from a collection agency. Send a copy of everything. DO NOT SEND ORIGIONALS! Dispute the charges and any bad listing on your credit. Save the letter from the debt collector- send a copy to the state agency.
    5. Make an offer to settle for one movie, or offer to return the movies you got for immediate resolution of the issue. You must include the 'deceptive and misleading' portion of the complaints. YOU NEED TO BE REASONABLE. YOU GOT YOURSELF HERE. If they cannot produce the required documents, including the origional order, then you have a valid claim for sure.
    6. Continue to dispute until they settle. Make noise. Lots of noise. Send copies of complaints to your lawmakers- state representatives, etc. THIS IS HOW LAWS CHANGE! I send a copy to the local news as well- this really brings bad press, and can shut a company down in less than a month. I will and have spent over $50 in mail to save and raise awareness of bad companies, and have activley lead to the termination of over $19, 000 in debt from various collections, etc because they violated the laws. (IL)
    7. THE FOLLW THROUGH- We made reservations at Disney in Orlando, then called a month later to cancle based on the problems with the DMC. Less than 2 hours later, they called back and 'resolved' our complaint by canceling the last 3 movies, and even offering a free meal package at the resort.
    8. This gets you additional copies of your credit report- take a copy of the complaint, and send them to the credit reporting agencies- make sure DMC is not there.

Happy hunting.

7th of Jun, 2010

i spoke to a woman named PAT i believe & asked her to remove my credit card from my acct. she said she did. today i called my bank & my order which should have been billed was taken from my account & left me overdrawn please cacel payment method from my acct now & bill me for my order the bank said what you did is fraud!!! my member # is4538642 conf# is 50128248 my email is violetfun4u@yahoo.com MY phone # is 708-307-7759 THANK YOU, Anne Coleman-Soucek

• Bi
      12th of Aug, 2010

The Disney Movie Club (DMC) is committing a serious scam!!!
    They intentionally lure you to join their membership for FREE, and get the first 4 movies at discount. But what they hide from you is that you have to buy their other movies at REGULAR price (over priced, of course) before you can get rid if it.
    This is a generous business idea to reach into people’s wallets!!! I can not believe that Disney, with its reputation, would base its revenue on such a lame business.
    Technically, yeah, DMC is doing nothing wrong. It makes up its own rules, and reach out for you. All you need to do is to fall into their trap. However, as many people have been complaining, this is a serious scam that can catch people out of their guard. Who would think that Disney would set up a trap like this?
    I have cancelled the credit card I used to join the club. DMC didn’t spell out that they would store my credit card information. If everything about the membership itself stays on the edge of a crime, this definitely falls to the other side. All merchandise would ask for your permission to store your credit card information explicitly. But DMC does NOT!
    Well, I think they have great lawyers so they can spell anything legal.
    Anyway, this is the DMC. Shame On You!!!