DishTV.in / Bad service and policies

India, Indore Review updated:
I've been their customer for last 5 years. I had no problem until I exchanged my SD box to HD. Dishtv lacks big time in customer care services. First off, they lifted up their toll free service and in order to communicate you have to text them.

Issue 1:
I exchanged my SD with HD by paying 600 rs extra. Within 3 months it's remote stopped working and when I told about this to one of the executives she wasn't actually listening to the problem I've been having and just told me to follow some steps. Though, I knew it's of no use I followed those instructions she told me to as I had no option left. When nothing happened she said to try it two three times, it will solve your problem and if in case it doesn't, you'll get a new remote. I contacted them again, and this time a new customer care executive informed me that the HD box has a warranty of 6 months while remote has a warranty of 1 month only. Ultimately I paid rs 300 plus tax for new remote.

Issue 2:
In rainy season, it's normal to not be able to see some channels for few hours. But I wasn't getting any HD services from last couple of weeks so I contacted dish TV. I texted "CALL ME" to 57575. And in few minutes I got a call from their side, I described my problem to the person, he told me to switch off the box from main and the turn on. While I was doing the same, the box took little time in reboot and in between this the person on the other side hung up the call. As if it wasn't rude enough, I texted them twice that day and didn't get a call.

After three days I contacted again, the guy told me that there is a need to re-adjust the antenna and it'll cost rs 150 plus tax. When I asked him to downgrade my pack to SD he told my that you have to pay money to downgrade as well. How their policies could be like this. They gave me HD box at 599+remote I again had to buy in just 3 months+150 plus tax to readjust the antenna. I've been a supporter of privatization but this monopoly makes me rethink about it.
Jul 3, 2015

N  4th of Jul, 2015 by
Dear Pushpendra92,

We are sorry for the experience you had. Please write to us about your problem with your VC number, mobile number and email ID at write2us@dishtv.in and we will put all our efforts in trying to help you out.

Online Team
Dish TV
N  13th of Jul, 2015 by
Dear Pushpendra92

We hope your issue has been resolved. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.
Please feel free to give us your feedback at write2us@dishtv.in.
Have a nice day.